What's new

Criterion 'Tenebaums' - disc and cover art (1 Viewer)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
tenenbaums_criterion.jpg

Specs include: New widescreen Digital transfer (2.40:1), supervised by Director Wes Anderson; DD 5.1 and DTS audio; Audio Commentary by Wes Anderson; Portraits by Albert Maysles; a "Making of" Featurette; Exclusive Cast interviews and behind-the-scenes Footage; Outtakes and Deleted Scenes; The Peter Bradley Show with Cast Interviews; The Art of the Movie - In-Depth Art Direction and Production Design Featurette; Theatrical Trailers; Collectible Multi-Panel booklets with set design drawings, director introspective and DVD guide.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
July 9, from what I have read. That's the Criterion/BV release. There is just one.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Glad to see they got rid of that pinkish hue color from the front cover

Joe Vidal

Grip
Does this mean there will be a "deluxe box-set compilation" of Wes Anderson criterion's?
Think of it : Bottle Rocket, Rushmore and Tennabaum's in one tidy package!;)

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
It's fantastic to see so much new cinema in The Criterion Collection (In The Mood for Love, Traffic, George Washington...)

Since I fell head over heels in love with The Royal Tenenbaums I await this feverishly. My most anticipated DVD of the year except for Brass Eye, released tomorrow in the UK!

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
Not to be rude, but does anyone else think that the cover is pretty "non-Criterion looking"? Even though the discs have that Rushmore type look, this is the busiest Criterion DVD cover I've seen. Maybe they didn't have a say in the packaging (?). Regardless, it sounds like it's true, it's Criterion + Wes Anderson + 2 discs, and that adds up to must-have for me.

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
It's made up to look like a hardback book (note the wear and tear on the spine and corners), but BV probably just wanted it to look as much like the posters as possible.

The inside looks to be done by Eric Chase-Anderson, which is great news!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks