What's new

Criterion 'Tenebaums' - disc and cover art (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Oscar

Second Unit
WAY COOL FOR CRITERION AND BUENA VISTA!!!!!!.
Its pretty cool they made a collaboration between the best DVD studios (except for the Full Screen issue with BV :angry: )
I cant wait to hear "Hey Jude" or "Everyone" in DTS.
But lets hope that the DTS track dosent sound as undynamic like the one in the Criterion edition of "The Rock".

Oscar

Second Unit
I know this out of topic ok?

But if you notice, the DTS track is quiter than the DD track and less dyanimc too.

Jason_H

Second Unit
This thread just make my frickin' day. I am so glad to hear there is not going to be a dual release between BV and Criterion! I cannot wait to watch this movie again.
And as far as the cover goes, it looks VERY much like the one-sheet poster I have hanging in my HT! They just zoomed in on the "book" portion of the poster. :emoji_thumbsup:

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
This is good news. I was under the impression that Criterion wasn't doing The Royal Tenenbaums. Cool!

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Glad to see Criterion doing this, but I was hoping for the "objects" cover art. I was also under the impression that Wes' brother would be doing the cover art ala Rushmore

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Sam: At first I thought it was just a Rushmore photoshop jobby, not having owned the Rushmore DVD. But then I saw the -ram.

Which leads me to believe that it's the title of one of Margot's plays or something.

M

MaxY

I will take a crack at the Shore part...

Isn't there a film production company that is called Jersey Shore or something like that.

Max

Matthew_S

Second Unit
Did Owen co-write Tenebaums with Wes like Rushmore and Bottle Rocket?
I read somewhere that Owen had less to do with the screenplay for TRT than on Rushmore and Bottle Rocket. I guess Wes Anderson is also going to write his next film solo. I'm assuming this has to do with Owen's blossoming acting career (?)...kinda sucks.

Jason_H

Second Unit
Just curious, where did you hear that? Wilson is still credited as co-writer on this script, and he was nominated just the same as Anderson for the Best Original Screenplay oscar.

Also, is the information on this release 100% verified? Are we SURE it is to be released on July 9th and take the place of any kind of BV release? And how did the original poster get ahold of that picture of the product? I'm just curious, I very much want this to be true.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I can't wait for this disc. I saw this movie in the theater, but as usual I had some idiots in front of me that wouldn't shut up and I had a hard time really getting involved in the film. Now, I'll finally be able to watch this in the comfort and quiet of my home.

Now where's that Bottle Rocket CC?

Russ Lucas

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know whether this joint release was the plan from the start or whether it was a relatively last-minute deal, but it's a good move for both companies sales-wise. Tenenbaums is an internet-geek favorite, so the folks likely to buy it are fairly informed consumers who knew about the two-version release for Rushmore. Those folks-- myself included-- were probably going to skip any similar bare-bones BV release, or at least delay a purchase until there was news about a possible Criterion release. The longer that news would take to come, though, the more folks would buy the BV release and perhaps not the Criterion.

I'd be surprised if there's been any other two-disc Criterion that's retailed for $29.95. A good deal for everybody involved.

I'm hoping for a still gallery of the art in Eli's apartment. The painting of the menacing masked guys on three-wheelers make me laugh every time I think of it.

Matthew_S

Second Unit
Just curious, where did you hear that? Wilson is still credited as co-writer on this script, and he was nominated just the same as Anderson for the Best Original Screenplay oscar.
You know, I don't remember. It was definitely an article around the time of the Tenenbaums release. I'll try to dig it up. As far as Wilson being credited as co-screenwriter, he could have written one line and been credited as co-screenwriter. I'm not saying this is the case, but credits don't really mean that much sometimes. O. Wilson himself says on the Rushmore commentary that he was credited as a producer on that film and that he didn't do much (or any) producing.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping for a still gallery of the art in Eli's apartment. The painting of the menacing masked guys on three-wheelers make me laugh every time I think of it.
:laugh: That pan around the room at Eli's "art" collection turned my giggle-box right over - and for the life of me, I could not stop laughing! Like, need oxygen/about to die/rolling on sticky floor laughing! :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks