What's new

Criterion 'Tenebaums' - disc and cover art (1 Viewer)

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
That's a nice cover of Richie, certainly keeping in the spirit of the Rushmore CC cover.
I think it would be nice if they had different covers of each of the family members. Perhaps we could have one of Margot sulking in the bathtub, or Royal shoplifting with his grandkids. :D

Oscar

Second Unit
Well i like it.

But i didn´t saw the movie in its entirely on theaters, so it´s the cover of the book?

You know where they divide in chapters the movie?

I don´t know if i like the cover, it´s nice.

And more Criterion like.

But i prefer the one with the family(not with the pink background) , but this one is nice.

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
Here are the specs for upcomoing dvd:
http://www.dvdreview.com/html/news.html
After quite a bit of confusion from Buena Vista Home Entertainment regarding their upcoming comedy The Royal Tenenbaums, the details have finally been cleared up and consumers will get quite a pleasant package this June.
Unlike the Wilson Brother's previous film "Rushmore", "Tenenbaums" will have only one release. The two disc Criterion Collection version will be the single release of the film and will feature an anamorphic widescreen transfer and audio in both Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1. An audio commentary with Wes Anderson, a featurette entitled "The Art of the Movie", a production featurette, interviews, behind the scenes footage, deleted scenes, outtakes, an excerpt from "The Peter Bradley Show", portraits and theatrical trailers will be included. A set of drawings will also be included.
The set is still due out on Jul 9th and will have a $29.99 price tag.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I may have missed it earlier in this thread...but is there any more info regarding a possible Bottle Rocket release?

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
DVDFile.com has now posted both versions of the artwork along with a brief couple of paragraphs puzzling over which one will actually end up being correct.
I think I prefer the illustrated cover simply because it goes well as a companion to Criterion's Rushmore cover.

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
Somebody at DVDTalk e-mailed Mulvaney, who confirmed that the cast photo is the slipcase cover and the Eric Anderson artwork is the insert. So that's cleared up.......

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
Looks like I will be making the insert card the cover art.

It is the cover art......just get rid of the slipcase and there you go.

Kenneth Vestergaard

Stunt Coordinator
Let me get this right:

The cast cover is a digipak-style slipcase inside of which there is a double alpha case with the illustrated cover?

Veli-Matti Reitti

Stunt Coordinator
Unlike the Wilson Brother's previous film "Rushmore", "Tenenbaums" will have only one release. The two disc Criterion Collection version will be the single release of the film and will feature an anamorphic widescreen transfer and audio in both Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1. An audio commentary with Wes Anderson, a featurette entitled "The Art of the Movie", a production featurette, interviews, behind the scenes footage, deleted scenes, outtakes, an excerpt from "The Peter Bradley Show", portraits and theatrical trailers will be included. A set of drawings will also be included.
Does this apply to the States only? Because i've recieved reports that the Canadian version will be a single disc DTS release from Disney/Buena Vista/Touchstone with no specs.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
I'll keep an eye on that, Veli. I can easily import this disc from the US if that happens, but Buena Vista Canada should be smart and simply distribute this version up here, if for no other reason it would save them a lot of work, and not piss off a whole bunch of Canadian consumers.
I also love the dual cover art idea. I'm a huge fan of the cast photo. :)
Jason
"Right on!"

Matthew_S

Second Unit
According to DVDfile today, the outer slipcase cover will be the photograph version, the inner case will have the drawing art. So you get to pick which one you'd like to line your shelf...:)
edit: whoops, i saw this was mentioned above, but at least now it's "official"...

Kenneth Vestergaard

Stunt Coordinator
Veli and Jason, I can confirm to you that the Canadian version will be exactly the same, with very minor alterations to the cover (this goes for both Traffic and Tenenbaums, by the way). This comes directly from Jon Mulvaney.

TRAFFIC should be exactly the same as our US edition. The Canadian

distributor may have added their own logo and the Canadian ratings

logo to the package, but that should be the only change.

TENENBAUMS should also only have a very minor packaging change

(addition of Canadian ratings logo, deletion of the US one).

The contents of both discs will remain the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks