What's new

Criterion 'Tenebaums' - disc and cover art (1 Viewer)

Veli-Matti Reitti

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Kenneth!

BTW this is what they told me at DVDsoon:

Dear Sir,

The information we have is that in Canada we have an edition

from Disney / Buena Vista / Touch Tone. But the UPC we have

is the same as the US Criterion edition without having the Criterion brand.

The version we have is a 1 disk DTS.

I know it's not much and might actually add to the confusion, but it's what the studio is willing to tell us.

------------------------------------------------------------

Caroline Beauchamp

Customer Service

DVDSoon.com

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
Strange indeed.
Check here for the version available at Play.com. Different cover art (no Criterion logo), and no second disc is mentioned.
I guess I'll have to cancel it and get the U.S. release...

Kenneth Vestergaard

Stunt Coordinator
I'm pretty sure Play.com has got their information wrong. I would like to think Jon Mulvaney knows if the Canadian version is going to be the same or not.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
This isn't the same cover that's displayed at Criterion's web site. It's similar in artistic stlye, to their "Rushmore" cover. I hope their version holds... this one's ugly.

Kenneth Vestergaard

Stunt Coordinator
David,

If you read the whole thread, you'll know that the package will consist of a slipcase with the cast-lineup cover, with the Rushmore-style cover on the actual case.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Sorry I forgot about this thread Kenneth -- good to know that the disc will remain the same up here in Canada, that's for sure. You can never trust the Canadian home video companies these days.

Jason

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Perhaps I'm arriving late for the party and have missed other related comments, but... this isn't the cover art that's being shown on Criterion's web site, or several online retailer web sites. What gives?

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Sorry folks. Disregard. I've already inquired on this thread, and, now I see the old answer to same old and new question. :b

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
ha ha...that is just funny for some reason.
it happens, and pleasantly you took care of it yourself with a little more backreading. If only it happened that way more often. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks