What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Crisis On Infinite Earths - Arrowverse Crossover 2019 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I can understand both sides in this situation. This crossover event is quite possibly the largest and most complicated undertaking in the history of Warner Bros. Television. There has to be a ton of moving parts, so they probably don't have finalized scripts yet nor a fully defined shooting schedule. All of that is pretty understandable to me, given what they're trying to achieve.

On other other hand, I can completely understand why Rosenbaum wouldn't agree to participate under those circumstances.

I would have loved to see him make an appearance, but I don't fault either side for it not working out.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Production on the crossover event started this week. Osric Chau has been cast as Ryan Choi, a "physics professor at Ivy Town University ... who learns that he has a pivotal role to play in the coming crisis on infinite earths." In the comics, Choi replaces Ray Palmer as the Atom.

Here's a photo Erica Durance posted of her and Tom Welling on set:
DCTV-Crossover_2019_Winter_001.jpg

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Ashley Scott returning as Huntress

This is not the Helena Bertinelli version of the character played by Jessica De Gouw, but the Helena Kyle version of the character from The WB's short-lived "Birds of Prey". That version of the character is Helena Kyle, the metahuman daughter of Bruce Wayne and Selena Kyle. She has enhanced agility and strength, an accelerated healing factor, a highly tuned danger instinct, and the ability to see in the dark.

That series also starred Dina Meyer as a paraplegic Barbara Gordon who was formerly Batgirl, and Rachel Skarsten (now the upcoming Batwoman‘s No. 1 baddie) as the telepathic and telekinetic metahuman daughter of Black Canary. Skarsten stars in the upcoming Arrowverse series "Batwoman" as Alice, the Joker-esque first season Big Bad.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I was a fan of Smallville and a big fan of Routh’s Superman.

Can I watch this without having seen any of the series that are part of this event?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Here's the first official look at Routh as "Kingdom Come Superman" in Crisis:

DCTV-Crossover_2019_Winter_002.jpg
I like how they took the materials and texturing from Routh's Superman Returns suit and then applied it to Alex Ross's Kingdom Come Superman costume design.

I wonder if this Superman is from a separate Earth built around the events of Kingdom Come, or whether this is the same Superman as Superman Returns and the events of Kingdom Come just took place after the events of that movie.

Can I watch this without having seen any of the series that are part of this event?
Like Infinity War and Endgame, you can watch it without seeing anything that came before, but you'll get less out of it.

I would at least recommend watching last year's crossover event ("Elseworlds"), because it really set this one up.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Like Infinity War and Endgame, you can watch it without seeing anything that came before, but you'll get less out of it.

I think I’m okay with that. I don’t have the time to commit to catching up on all these shows immediately, but would love the nostalgia blast of seeing actors in roles that were so meaningful to me in another part of my life.

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
This might work out better for Rosenbaum. As everyone else who appears in the crossover will be killed off, the conspicuously absent Lex Luthor of Earth Smallville may well have gone into hiding from the Crisis wave to save his skin.

Next year they can do a whole arc with the two Lex Luthors as Rosenbaum's Lex finds his way back to reality from some pocket dimension that he created for himself.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

I'd say it might be a good idea to watch the series this season. If you can watch last year's Elseworlds crossover that might also be a good idea.

In any case, I think they will make things so you can probably get enough enjoyment out of watching the crossover itself.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Now I am curious to know what the Daily Planet is a subsidiary of. L Corp? Wayne Enterprise? Smoak Technologies? Queen Consolidated?

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Lyla Michaels as Harbinger, Fulfilling her destiny from the comics. .

arrow-crossover-lyla-harbinger.jpg

screen-shot-2019-10-02-at-12.41.20-pm.png

Barry, Constantine, Jonah Hex, Sara, and Mia. People from 3 different time periods. So does Mia move to the present for the spin off?

EFe7AQnVUAA8237

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I’m surprised by what an emotional reaction I’m having to seeing Tom Welling in the Clark outfit and Brandon Routh in a version of the Superman outfit.

Superman Returns and Smallville came along as I was making my way into the post-college world, and Christopher Reeve’s Superman was one of my earliest memories. So there’s something about Superman that always brings me back and reminds me that no matter how different my life may be from point to point, that some things stay with us for the entirety of our journey. Seeing them back, particular at this moment in my life, reminds me of how far I’ve come in my life, and how I am the best version of me comes from when I am true to the parts that are constant.

It may turn out to be a small segment of shows I’m otherwise unfamiliar with, but it still makes me so happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks