What's new

Crisis On Infinite Earths - Arrowverse Crossover 2019 (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Per the CW presentation at the TCA:

https://deadline.com/2019/08/black-lightning-the-cws-crossover-crisis-of-infinite-earths-1202660768/
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/0...ths-crossover-batman-bruce-wayne-kevin-conroy
The schedule for the Crisis has been set. Kevin Conroy as Bruce Wayne from the future and characters from Black Lightning will appear for the first time in the Arrowverse. Kevin Conroy, of course, is the voice of Bruce Wayne/ Batman from Batman the Animated Series and Batman Beyond and others.

Supergirl: Sunday, Dec. 8 at 8/7c (special time)
Batwoman: Monday, Dec. 9 at 8 pm (special day)
The Flash: Tuesday, Dec. 10 at 8 pm
Arrow: Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 8 pm (special time)
DC’s Legends of Tomorrow: Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 9 pm (special episode)

I wouldn't think Arrow would end in the middle of the Crisis so I assume there will be at least one more episode following the Crisis, That last Arrow episode better not be "RIP Oliver Queen" Arrow probably wont air a new episode the week of December 8th.
Based on where the Flash is airing I would say the big cliffhanger over the holidays is " Flash Disappears In a Crisis" with Barry seemingly dying. The date of the newspaper in The Flash's Time Vault will change to be December 10, 2019.( Good promo for the Crisis) They should air this like they did "Crisis on Earth X" where it was one long movie and you almost couldn't tell which of the Arrowverse shows it was supposed to be on.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Good idea; I've toyed with starting a thread for this crossover for a few months now. It'll be easier than trying to capture the discussion in the individual series threads.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
67747893_10157230585338186_492489146619658240_n.jpg

Cress Williams' confirmation of the appearance of BL characters.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Here is a Everything Currently Known About the Crisis Video to date from Pagey, who frequently has videos about the Arrowverse mostly The Flash and Arrow.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
That will pretty much finish me with Legends. Ray, Nick, and Constantine are my favorite characters because of their spiky interactions, and now with Ray going away, the triangle will be missing a key piece.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
TVline reported that Brandon Routh and Courtney Ford will film their final scenes in October. Considering they have filmed about 5 episodes so far and I think they will film 13 this season that should mean they will be on the show close to the end of it. Perhaps their final scenes will be part of the crossover which will air before the season of Legends begins. Even though they are calling the final episode of the crossover a Legends episode I don't think that the show will start the week after the crossover.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
From TVline:

Smallville's Tom Welling to Reprise Superman Role for Arrowverse 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' Crossover

smallville-triangle-clark-lana-chloe-lois.png

Courtesy of The WB

It’ll be raining (super) men this fall on The CW.

On the heels of news that both Tyler Hoechlin and Brandon Routh will be slipping back into their Superman tights for Arrowverse‘s “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover, TVLine can confirm that Smallville vet Tom Welling will also reprise his signature Man of Steel role in the five-part event.

Per The CW, the crossover will “reveal what happened to Clark Kent almost ten years” after the conclusion of Smallville.

“For eight years, Arrow has stood on the shoulders of Smallville,” EP Marc Guggenheim said in a statement. “Simply put, there would be no Arrow, and no Arrowverse, without it. So when we first started talking about ‘Crisis on Infinite Earths,’ our first, second and third priorities were getting Tom to reprise his iconic role as Clark Kent. To say that we’re thrilled would be a Superman-sized understatement.”

“Crisis on Infinite Earths” kicks off Sunday, Dec. 8 with an episode of Supergirl, then continues with a Monday episode of Batwoman and that Tuesday’s The Flash. After a month-long holiday break, it concludes with the Jan. 14 episode of Arrow followed by a special installment of Legends of Tomorrow (which premieres at midseason).

Previously announced casting includes unspecified characters from Black Lightning, which to date has never fully been a part of the Arrowverse; veteran voice actor Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond) as “Bruce Wayne from the future”; LaMonica Garrett (“Elseworlds”) as both the Monitor and the Anti-Monitor; Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch as Supergirl‘s Clark Kent/Superman and Lois Lane; Legends‘ Routh pulling double duty as the Kingdom Come version of Superman; Jon Cryer as Supergirl‘s Lex Luthor; and Batman‘s Burt Ward in an undisclosed role.

Since Smallville wrapped its decade-long WB/CW run in May 2011, Welling was heavily courted to return to TV, but instead the actor chose to focus on roles in indie films such as Draft Day and The Choice. Two years ago, Fox successfully lured him back to the small screen via a 10-episode stint on Lucifer.

They need to get Erica Durance as his Lois Lane and of course Michael Rosenbaum as Lex.

Nobody from Lois and Clark announced yet though both actors have been on Supergirl.

While I am very excited to see this, with so many characters in this crossover, I don't see how most will be on for more than just a minute or two. Even at 5 episodes you have six casts, including Black Lightening, plus all these guests. In other crossovers a lot of characters on the current shows were sidelined or only appeared briefly, I think there will be much more of this during Crisis. On the other hand you have all this going on and Felicity stays invisible off camera. Maybe Oliver can give her a call and we hear a one sided conversation.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Never did I ever think Tom Welling would return to the role of Clark Kent/Superman. I guess that's a lesson learned: never say never.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
This is shaping up to be way more of an event than anything the Warner Bros. features side has attempted. I wonder if there will be cameos from the DC Universe shows?

I'm excited that it will touch upon how the Welling version of Clark Kent's first decade as Superman went. Since "Smallville" ended with him becoming Superman, we never really got to see what his version of Superman is like.

Last year's crossover strongly hinted that Earth-90 was the dimension of both the 1990 "Flash" TV series and "Smallville". So it seems more likely than John Wesley Shipp is playing the Earth-90 version of the Flash, wearing his costume from the 1990 TV series. I wouldn't be surprised if he's playing both the Earth-90 Barry Allen Flash and the Earth-3 Jay Garrick Flash, though.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Dean Cain to show up in his "Lois & Clark" Superman suit.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Lois Lane from Smallville joins Clark. From TVline. This really needed to be a full season event instead of just 5 episodes. Only Brandon Routh will be without a Lois. Since he apparently will be Kingdom Come Superman, his Lois is probably dead, if they follow the comics. Hope he is good at expressing emotion if he interacts with the, at least, two Lois Lanes.

Smallville's Lois and Clark Reunite! Erica Durance Joins Tom Welling in Arrowverse 'Crisis' Crossover

erica-durance-by-jsquared-photography.jpeg

Photo by JSquared Photography

Lois and Clark are rising, with the news that Erica Durance will join Smallville co-star Tom Welling in the Arrowverse‘s “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover.

TVLine has learned that Durance is on board to reprise her role as Lois Lane, guest-starring in multiple episodes of the five-part event. As mentioned with Thursday’s announcement that Tom Welling will play Clark Kent in the crossover, viewers will see where these characters are almost 10 years after Smallville ended.

Though this marks the first on-screen reunion for Welling and Durance since Smallville‘s series finale, the latter previously dipped her toe into the Arrowverse with a run as Supergirl’s dearly departed (…but not) mother, Alura Zor-El.

“Crisis on Infinite Earths” kicks off Sunday, Dec. 8 with an episode of Supergirl, then continues with a Monday episode of Batwoman and that Tuesday’s The Flash. After a month-long holiday break, it concludes with the Jan. 14 episode of Arrow followed by a special installment of Legends of Tomorrow (which premieres at midseason).

Arrowverse 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' Crossover: Everything We Know

Previously announced casting includes Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch as Supergirl‘s own Clark Kent/Superman and Lois Lane, while Legends of Tomorrow‘s Brandon Routh will pull double duty as the Kingdom Come version of Superman. (Kate Bosworth… is on The I-Land.)

Preceding her stint as Supergirl‘s Alura, Durance’s post-Smallville credits included five seasons of Saving Hope (on which she starred and served as a producer) plus guest spots on Charlie’s Angels and Harry’s Law (as “Wonder Woman”).

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I can't help wondering if they follow the comics Crisis with all Earths being destroyed/combined into one Earth will they kill off all these beloved characters so that only the current CW characters are left? Can't see them doing that. I guess they could all end up in the paradise universe where presumably Oliver and Felicity end up but that would be kind of cheesy with no stakes.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I can't help wondering if they follow the comics Crisis with all Earths being destroyed/combined into one Earth will they kill off all these beloved characters so that only the current CW characters are left? Can't see them doing that. I guess they could all end up in the paradise universe where presumably Oliver and Felicity end up but that would be kind of cheesy with no stakes.
I think it will be a mix. Earth-1, Earth-38, and the "Black Lightning" Earth will get combined, to make future crossovers easier. Some of the other Earths will be destroyed (like the Kingdom Come Earth that the Routh Superman is from). Others will likely survive (like Earth-2). I would guess that the "Smallville" Lois & Clark will go to the paradise Earth with Oliver and Felicity.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
One of the things about the comic book Crisis is that nobody left except Psycho Pirate remembered there was a Crisis or that there had been multiple Earths when it was over. In fact no one remembered Supergirl ever existed. as at the time they wanted Superman to be the only survivor of Krypton. That changed over the years since. I wonder if the remaining characters will be aware that their lives have changed . Will Jay Garrett be an older, perhaps retired Flash, who helped train Barry in the new continuity? Is the future we saw on Arrow before or after the Earths merged? Will we ever see a Barry Flash where Reverse Flash didn't kill his mother as in the original time line before the series started? Felicity knew who the Monitor was when she entered the paradise dimension in the future so apparently she knew about the Crisis.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing our heroes (at least the ones that survive) will remember everything from before, but the public at large will only know the history of the post-Crisis consolidated universe.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
From TVline Getting to be my favorite source. I guess some people are not nostalgic to get the old band together. His comments lead me to speculate that the appearances of these beloved characters of DC TV past will be very brief . The crossover is due to start filming in the next couple of weeks. How big of a part could they have wanted him for? It doesn’t seem like his Lex is critical to the story. Kind of insulting that they would expect him to be available at such short notice to fly to Vancouver. Seems like they treated him as an afterthought.

Smallville's Michael Rosenbaum Nixes Crossover Encore as Lex — Here's Why

arrow-crossover-michael-rosenbaum.jpg

Courtesy of Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution
It’s official: Michael Rosenbaum won’t be joining fellow Smallville co-stars Tom Welling and Erica Durance in this year’s upcoming Arrowverse crossover. The actor broke the unfortunate news himself via Twitter on Tuesday, explaining that he was made an offer he absolutely could — and did — refuse.

“Friends, many of you have tweeted and asked me about joining the Infinite crossover,” he tweeted. “I can’t tell you how much this means to me. I’ll just be straight up about this. WB called my agents Friday afternoon when I was in Florida visiting my grandfather in a nursing home. Their offer: No script. No idea what I’m doing. No idea when I’m shooting. Basically no money. And the real kick in the ass: ‘We have to know now.’ My simple answer was ‘Pass.’ I think you can understand why. I hope this answers all of your questions.”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks