What's new

Cover Art: Star Trek V: Final Frontier (1 Viewer)

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
William Shatner didn't get the go-ahead from Paramount to fix his movie and punch up the ending.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
This will not exactly answer your question, but.....According to the Trekweb site, the UK release date for Star Trek 5 is tentatively set for December 2003. It warns that it is subject to change. For the US release, it's going to be released before that date.

Another thing that was interesting was that Paramount USA asked Paramount UK to not call it the "Collector's Edition".

The story can be found here: http://talk.trekweb.com/articles/200...056987036.html

John Koehler

Stunt Coordinator
On my list, too. The more I pay attention to the subtext aiming at exploration of personal relationships, private pain, spiritualism, the more I see the film's deeper intention, however compromised. One silly moment aside (Uhura the Fan Dancer), it is after all quite entertaining.

And the Goldsmith score, as usual for the composer, is tremendous.

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
A flawed Trek film is still better than most other cinimatic drivel that Hollywood churns out. I'm getting it on release day.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
The StarTrek.com UK website has December 22 as a tentative relase date for this. Based on the UK's Star Trek release scheduled compared to ours, I guess that probably means sometime in November for the US.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I probably won't because Paramount chose to chicken out and not allow Shatner to tinker with this film. They did for 1&2, but for the one film that could really use it the most they pass.

Friggin' so&so's. Paramount, I find, is so damn frustrating!

Dan

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Does anyone know if the footage even exists to do a "director's cut" of number 5? My impression was that the budget cuts prevented Shatner from even shooting most of those "missing" sceness.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I believe the idea was to redo the ending with different effects. The footage from the theatrical version should be fine if they have the original elements around.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
There are so many excuses surrounding this film. I was at a con once a year or so after this movie was released and the subject of the deck numbers came up. I can't remember the guy's name, but there was this guy from Paramount who used to represent the company and speak at the cons. The story goes that he was "out of town" when filming that scene which is why someone else did the deck numbers. You know, if you want to talk about the numbers themselves, I can understand that, but for the numbers to be OUT OF SEQUENCE in the film just shows how patheticly awful this movie was. Yes, it had good parts. It's too bad the movie couldn't be remade/re-edited/helped somehow.

I haven't watched this movie in so long. Uhura's dance, Scotty getting smacked on the head when he's really SUPPOSED to know the ship "like the back of his hand", the silly special effects, and so many, many, many other things wrong with it makes it a must miss.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks