What's new

Cover Art: Star Trek V: Final Frontier (1 Viewer)

TomWoodward

Second Unit
Feel free to slap me if this has already been posted! Attached is the artwork for the upcoming Collector's Edition release of The Final Frontier. No firm details on specs or releasedate yet I'm afraid but it's almost certain that we'll be getting the theatrical cut of the film along with at least a Shatner commentary and a few featurettes.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
As has been stated previously, it will definitely be the theatrical cut and definitely have Shatner commentary with the usual array of extras.

Thanks for the cover art.:)

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the cover art! A release date must be coming up soon then. I'll pick it up namely because I don't find the film that bad, and to complete the SE collection.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'll gladly pick this one up. It's one of my favorite Trek films, actually. It's by no means perfect, but I do think it has the best score of any of the original cast Trek films, and the interplay between Kirk, Spock and McCoy is great. I love the darker tone the picture has, and even if it doesn't really resolve itself (and with the way the film is set up, there really isn't any possible resolution that would be dramatically satisfying), but the first 90 minutes or so are brilliant as far as I'm concerned.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
The strange sequence where Spock and McCoy remember the most troubling, painful events of their lives was actually quite touching. The most versatile moment definitely comes when its Kirk's turn, and he demands to be left alone because he "needs his pain." I thought it was nicely done. Here's hoping a street date is sooner rather then later.

LisaDoris

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be picking this one up as well. It wasn't as bad as people make it out to be plus, this means St:6 will be released soon.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'll get it, if for no other reason than to hear what the hell kind of commentary track Shatner will provide for this. It might be the laugh-riot of the year. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I concur with earlier post that this film has a great score, next to Star Trek-The Motion Picture. I'll also be picking it up. Look forward to Shatner's commentary. Maybe we'll be lucky and Paramount and Shatner has been pulling a fast one and it will have new effects and ending. Okay, I know it's a fantasy.

Nelson

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I too thought this was one of the better Trek movies. When is the release date? It will be nice to eventually have every original series Trek movie SE on my shelf.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I'll be picking it up for the Okuda trivia track and the Shatner commentary.

Those two items alone are more than enough to cover the cost of admission!!

Plus, the current disc is non-anamorphic, so the transfer will be better than the first release, even if it is the same theatrical cut!

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
I'll get it, if for no other reason than to hear what the hell kind of commentary track Shatner will provide for this. It might be the laugh-riot of the year.
Only if it includes a track of his ... er ... "singing." :D

I'll also pick it up more for continuity than anything else.

Mike Gariepy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I still think they should have called it
Star Trek V: The Search For God.

Custom DVD cover art anyone? :)

Frank@N

Screenwriter
I wonder, will ANYBODY be picking this up?
It makes you wonder, especially when you see the number of ST 4: CE sitting on the shelves.

It basically shows that people won't double-dip so quick just for the extras.

Well at least 5 is getting a new transfer.

I'll buy it later when I see it for $10. Maybe.

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I'm another who will be purchasing this film. I acknowledge that it wasn't the best of the Trek films but I still enjoyed it.

Last I read is that this disc will have a director's cut with new special effects. So this is not true?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks