Costco Blu-ray and dvd deals (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I already have That's Entertainment.
Too bad it;'s missing content from the old dvd set.

I did pick up the musical collection and for $18 it's a great bargain as it includes the 3D version of Kiss Me Kate.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Also want to add that The 2 costcos near us do not have the CC sets yet.

This is southwest Flo near Fort Myers.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
The latest Criterions never arrived at my Costco which is quite disappointing. Plenty of Disney though.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Stopped in randomly yesterday...

Mummy Legacy BD with Movie Cash $24.99
Dracula Legacy BD with Movie Cash $24.99
Woman of the Year Criterion BD $19.99
Rumble Fish Criterion BD $19.99
Loads of Disney 90s TV animation (Ducktales, Tailspin, Darkwing Duck, Chip n' Dale) $8.49 each

Suzanne.S

Second Unit
Real Name
Suzanne
I stopped by my local Costco yesterday and picked up the Criterion Ghost World and Woman of the Year and the new Beauty and the Beast. They also had Rumble Fish and Buena Vista Social Club but no other Criterions. They also had some Studio Ghibli titles on both Blu and DVD. I remeber seeing a few copies of Miss Hokusai and either Ocean Waves or Only Yesterday on Blu and The Secret World of Arietty on DVD. (I should have snapped a picture.)

Their downsized media section is very disappointing but it has saved me money.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
The latest Criterions never arrived at my Costco which is quite disappointing. Plenty of Disney though.
Same here. My Costcos (Portland OR area) haven't stocked any Criterions at all in 2017. They must have sales statistics for each store and have discontinued stocking stores where they don't sell well.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Same here. My Costcos (Portland OR area) haven't stocked any Criterions at all in 2017. They must have sales statistics for each store and have discontinued stocking stores where they don't sell well.
There certainly seem like there are more stores that don't stock them then do. If this is true about only stocking Criterions in certain stores, I wish Costco would provide a list of which stores stock them instead of making us fans search in vain.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I stopped by my local Costco yesterday and picked up the Criterion Ghost World and Woman of the Year and the new Beauty and the Beast. They also had Rumble Fish and Buena Vista Social Club but no other Criterions.

I was at my Costco last week and saw all of these. Came close to picking up WOMAN OF THE YEAR but had no idea how good a film it was.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Costco has some of the Hanna-Barbera Re-releases for $12.99 The Magilla Gorilla Show (complete), The Complete Adventures of Penelope Pit-Stop, Scooby Doo Where are You? Season 3, The Scooby Doo Movies, The Flintstones first season and Hong Kong Phoey ...

Your selection may vary if they have them at all

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The reissues are probably just rebranded.

If that's the case wasn't there an issue with Magilla Gorilla missing opening credits?

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
There are almost no DVD/Blurays left at my Costco, just about a single display with no more than 10 titles.....maybe. They are on their last legs here. Will soon Join Sam's and withdraw them altogether.

Suzanne.S

Second Unit
Real Name
Suzanne
I stopped by today and didn't see anything new or different than I saw two weeks ago. But on the way out, I filled out a comment card. I mentioned my disappointment in the downsizing of the DVD/Blu-Ray selection. I try to do that each time I am there if I have the time.

Raul Marquez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Raul H. Marquez, MD
What's amazing in my neck of the woods is that Walmart has as large a selection of DVD and Blu-rays as Best Buy. It wasn't that way 2 years ago.

If they would only go through the trouble of classifying them... only the kids and tv videos are together. Everything else is just randomly placed on shelves.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I already have That's Entertainment.
Too bad it;'s missing content from the old dvd set.

Hi Tony!

Is the missing content part of the bonus features, or from the film itself? A missing bonus feature, I could live with, but to have anything missing from this wonderful 2 hour musical homage would seem like extreme sacrilege, in my view!

CHEERS! :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Bonus features. I'd have to google it to see what's missing.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
My Costco had the first three seasons of Game of Thrones on blluray (sans DVDs) for $18.99 per season. The one that I looked at (season 3) has the newer Dolby Atmos mix.

Also nearby was "Saban's Power Rangers" for $19.99 on bluray ...

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
It may or may not mean anything, but I've noticed that the last couple issues of the Costco Connection monthly magazine haven't featured any BD or DVD releases.

My particular store previously had a fairly consistent and strong selection over time, but we haven't gotten the last couple batches of Criterions and the selection has seemingly dwindled to Disney and British stuff with occasional catalog (Universal Monsters BD).

It makes me long for the days when I would buy nearly all of my WHV boxes there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks