What's new

Costco Blu-ray and dvd deals (1 Viewer)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Went into Costco last night on a whim. I know what you guys have been saying, but I could not be more disappointed in the selection. It was literally one endcap with a handful of titles. The only 4k title was Despicable Me.

I wasn't expecting much, but dang...that was pathetic.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Went into Costco last night on a whim. I know what you guys have been saying, but I could not be more disappointed in the selection. It was literally one endcap with a handful of titles. The only 4k title was Despicable Me.

I wasn't expecting much, but dang...that was pathetic.

Yup. Completely the same at my store as well.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Well, it finally happened ... if you want to get a movie at Costco you have to pick up some of the theater ticket (passes) for sale as there were no DVDs or blu-rays un in my store ... :(

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I was in my store last weekend and they still had a small section. Mostly just Disney and a couple recent releases.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Ours last weekend had a small selection as well, like Malcolm's. Mostly Disney and "old" Disney, too. Probably just a dump of some kind of excess discs, but still. There was one 4k disc...Despicable Me 3, I think, but don't hold me to that.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Ours last weekend had a small selection as well, like Malcolm's. Mostly Disney and "old" Disney, too. Probably just a dump of some kind of excess discs, but still. There was one 4k disc...Despicable Me 3, I think, but don't hold me to that.
Ditto - Wednesday it was all gone :(

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Not a surprise at all. My Costco had an ever dwindling display. Haven't been there lately, but I'd bet there are no more discs to be found. Sooooo, Costco held on longer than Sam's, which pulled the plug a couple of years ago.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yet there's still a huge book section at both Costco and Sam's. Are people really buying that many books? I thought everyone used their Kindles/tablets these days?

MattHR

Screenwriter
DVD/Blu-ray is officially dead at my Costco. Two weeks ago there were only a few titles, but today everything is gone.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Yet there's still a huge book section at both Costco and Sam's. Are people really buying that many books? I thought everyone used their Kindles/tablets these days?
Based upon the number of books I see at Dollar Tree (where everything is a $ or less) that still have the Costco price sticker... I would say not as many as they would like ...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Still a handful of blu-ray titles at my Costco yesterday, but they seem to be exclusively Disney titles. There were 6-8 titles they had on sale for $8.99 each, plus the new releases Peter Pan and A Wrinkle in Time ($22.99 each)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks