What's new

Control 1X and ONE (1 Viewer)

Adammccl

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dallas Tatebayashi
But there is something wrong though if they are saying the truth then why are the specs different on the ONE and the Xtremes? Example.

Control ONE

General
Drivers bass/midrange 5 1/4" (Video shielded)
Drivers tweeter 1/2" Titanium dome (Video shielded)
Frequency Response 70Hz - 20kHz
Power Handling 200 Watts
Sensitivity 87 dB
Nominal Impedance 8 Ohms
Dimensions (H x W x D) 230x155x140 mm
Finish Black or Silver

Xtremes

General
Recommended Power Amplifier Range 10 Watts – 80 Watts
Impedance 8 Ohms
Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1m) 89dB
Frequency Response 80Hz – 20kHz
High-Frequency Driver 1/2" Titanium-laminate dome, shielded
Low-Frequency Driver 4", Shielded
Dimensions
(H x W x D) 9" x 6-1/16" x 5-7/16"
(228mm x 155mm 139mm)
Weight 5.2 lb (2.4kg)

Rich Allen

Second Unit
Real Name
Rich Allen
I think what you are missing is that specs in general don't mean much. The only thing that means much is how they sound to you.

Adammccl

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dallas Tatebayashi
I asked the techs at JBL and they said this about the new JBL Control ONE compaired to JBL Control 1 Xtreme. He first thought the specs are the same on the two when I first e-mailed.

I apologize for the confusion. We have had so many CONTROL 1 type speakers over the years, virtually all the same, that when you stated that the specs were identical, my memory told me that these were two of the same speakers. Upon further inspection my memory was refreshed. The CONTROL 1 XTREME was one of the first models to reintroduce the CONTROL 1 series to the market. It looked the same, but used smaller drivers and used a titanium laminate rather than a pure titanium tweeter. The demand for the original CONTROL 1 speakers is what brought about the re-release of the CONTROL ONE. The CONTROL ONE is the better of the two models in question.

JBL Control 1 Xtreme

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/pro...at=BFS&ser=COS

JBL Control ONE

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/pro...CheckProduct=Y

Adammccl

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dallas Tatebayashi
Are the JBL Control 1 Xtreme a pro studio speakers like the orginal Control 1's? I currently own the Control 1 Xtreme. I still have the orginal Control 1 but they got worn out so I thought that the Control 1 Xtreme will be an upgrade. The Control 1 Xtremes are alot newer then the orginal ones. I also noticed that they changed the ohms too like instead of 4 ohms its 8 ohms and the db is 89 on the Control 1 Xtremes and the orginal one had 4 ohms and only 87db so basicaly they end up to produce the same power. Other things I noticed the difference is the crossover feq like on the orginal ones it's 6000hz and used polycarbonated dome tweeters and the Control 1 Xtremes uses Titanium laminated dome tweeters and the crossover freq is 4000hz since Titanium can go lower. But I need to know if my new Control 1 Xtremes are considered as same as the orginal one but have been upgraded.

Adammccl

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dallas Tatebayashi
I can say from my ears I think that my Control 1 Xtremes and the orginal one sound almost 100% same. Only difference is from what I hear is that since my Xtremes has titanium laminated tweeters so the highs sound more natural and has more low high sounds. When I use to have the orginal control 1 the highs sounded like plastic meaning alot of high highs and not enough low highs. So what I think is that my Control 1 Xtreme is an updated version of the orginal since it even uses a better tweeter. I actualy think that there is more low end on my new ones since I can hear the deep bass better and it's not boomy bass it clear bass. Other thing is that I still have the orginal control 1's but there are not working well since they are soo old but I did measure the woofers and tweeters and the box and everything is exactly the same. I don't know why that JBL says it's 4in woofer when it's the same as the orginal Control 1's. I even took the woofers on both my new one out and the old one and they are the same the tweeters are same too. What I really think is that JBL made the Control 1 Xtremes since they wanted to bring the exact same sound as the orginal Control 1's and they improved the orginal Control 1's and called it Control 1 Xtreme.

Adammccl

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dallas Tatebayashi
I would like to know what others think about what I think. The Control 1 I' am talking about is the JBL Pro version. Meaning the real orginal Control 1.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Adammccl --

Please do not start more than one thread on a topic. Your threads on this topic have been consolidated. Do not start another one, and do not bump this thread by repeating the questions that have already been answered. Thanks for your cooperation.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks