What's new

"Constantine" (Keanu Reeves) DVD News + Release Date ? (1 Viewer)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Have you seen the cover art for the two disk version....ARRRGGGG... Man it is freaking ugly.....

The bits has it posted.... Good lord I wish they would of used the poster version........

R~

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

First three actually.:) Or, as I like to think of them, the only 3. LW4 makes you wonder if Richard Donner would have done any better with Superman 3 and 4.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I actually really enjoyed this movie, and I don't know anything about an extended version, but I would like to see the original version before they "lightened" the tone. I'm not sure what they lightened; it still seemed pretty dark to me. However, as another poster indicated, at least they didn't try to tone it down to a PG-13. If nothing else though, I would love to hear Brian Tyler's unaltered score.

I may get this; haven't decided yet. Pretty decent flick, though.

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
I don't think there will be an extended version - the Deleted Scenes include the scenes with the female demon that Constantine has a relationship, but they can't really be put back into the movie.

Two cut scenes with her feature the exact same dialogue - once in bed, once in a bar and two other cut scenes with her contradict each other - in one scene her face melts, in the next scene (which would have come about two minutes later) it's still intact.

Some of the other deleted scenes also feature dialogue that has been used in other scenes that are in the movie.

The alternate ending also only changes one very tiny thing about the ending.

During the commentary they only mention one or two cut scenes that are not in the Deleted Scenes section and while they mention that they liked some of the cut scenes they also say that they think that the movie is better without them.

StephenP

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if the single disc has the same version and transfer of the film as the two disc? I rarely watch extras anymore, and only buy special editions if the film has added scenes or better picture or sound quality.

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

The single disc is the same version and transfer -- it also has all the deleted scenes with optional commentary.

The double-disc has commentary on the movie and a second disc of extras, but from the sounds of it, doesn't sound all that hot.

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Does anyone think there will be a Home Theater Forum review for Constantine?

I remember waiting for a review for Blade III....never came.:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks