What's new

"Constantine" (Keanu Reeves) DVD News + Release Date ? (1 Viewer)

Charles Ms

Stunt Coordinator
Leaving all those bad reviews behind i must say that i really liked the atmosphere this movie generated (besides the meager plot) and i'm eager to own it on DVD.
Has anyone heard some DVD plans regarding this film ?

Not since Tim Burton's "Sleepy Hollow" was i comfortable on the grounds of a movie's look alone and ready to enjoy the experience.

The story is certainly a rip-off and melting pot of many sources but the visual imagination (i don't know the original comic book) "amused" me.

Bring it on.

Travis W.

Second Unit
DVD Afficianado has a June 7th release date for Constantine. I'm eager to pick this one up too.

Charles Ms

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks a lot, Travis, all my usual sources had no date yet.
I hope June 7th will indeed be it then.
Let's count the days.

Andy Kim

Second Unit
I think it's also listed as one of the HD-DVD's that Warner is going to roll out in Q4-2005.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I was kind of a fan of the Comic Books at least having read them, I think Reeves was very miscast as John Constastine

Charles Ms

Stunt Coordinator

Not knowing the comic book i had no preconceptions about the character and thought that Keanu's stoic play perfectly fit the Marlowe meets Exorcist character of this movie.

Who could have been better ?
Which actor would have been closest to the comic book character ?

Travis W.

Second Unit
I too thought Reeves was miscast. Someone earlier mentioned the blonde guy from Angel (names fail me, never watched the show) would have been a better choice. But, the way I saw it, at least they didn't butcher it to a PG-13. It's different from the comics but at least it remained true to the premise and at least they didn't turn Constantine into some gung-ho superhero.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex

I'm betting that they refer to Spike (James Marsters) here. But it's hard to tell. I'm not certain that he would've been the best for the role, but they could have used the comic character's Brit background, as Marsters (a Texan) can pull off a halfway decent (compared to most it seems, especially that Costner feller) accent. :)

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
I've been told June 7th as well... however, you should consider that date tentative until the official announcement comes out.

Travis W.

Second Unit
Many sites are reporting a July 19th street date now. But, beware. This has double dip written all over it. Warner Bros in Germany recently announced the title as a 2 disc special edition, including 3 documentaries and a commentary with director Francais Lawrence, among other things. Curiously enough this 2 discer is coming out in June in Germany. For us in the states however, Warner is going the single disc route with the only extras being 18 minutes of deleted scenes. Smells like a double dip. Davis DVD has posted the back cover as well as the cover art.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
If the first DVD release doesn't have a "Director's/Extended Cut" label on it, I would bet the farm on a double dip. There were so many logical leaps in the theatrical version that after watching it (and I did enjoy it) I thought, wow, the DVD will probably have 15-20 minutes of cut footage on there...

Daniel-M

Second Unit
Releasing Extended Cut's is something Warner has done once, and they don't really double dip unless it is necessary. i suspect it will be released two versions on the same day just like there has been annonced in europe

Travis W.

Second Unit
Hopefully there will be 2 versions. I could see Warner doing it and I guess you're right they really don't double dip unless there's good reason.

Rocky F

Second Unit
The character's appearance and personality was based on Sting, but that was over 20 years ago, so he would be too old to actually have played the part now.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
They might pull a 3 disc type deal like they did with Mystic River. Leaving a single disc being the alternative(cheaper).

So 3 releases:

1 disc Foolscreen
1 disc Widescreen
3 disc SE

Travis W.

Second Unit
I'll be happy if there's a 2 disc special edition out on release day. Since Davis DVD has posted the cover art I'd expect an announcement within the next week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks