What's new

Confused (1 Viewer)

nezz621

Auditioning
Real Name
mike
So i've been doing some research, and im thinkng about buying the CMT 340 SE from ascends, but they're about 700 with the stands and the shipping costs.

I started looking, and saw some klipsch speakers for about 800 (the RF 62). ANyway, anyone have an opinion on which is a better speaker, im probably going to power them with a denon 878, so im not sure which would be better suited for this receiver.

frogpond

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Baker
Personally I do not like the sound of Klipsch as they are too harsh but thats just me, you may like them. I have not heard the Ascends but a lot of people rave about them on the forums. Just remember expensive doesn't neccessarily mean better.

nezz621

Auditioning
Real Name
mike

thats true... plus i did just listen to some of the klipsch speakers and felt the same way about them, that they were a bit harsh. I definitley liked them, but are they work 800 to 1000 bucks for a pair? not so sure, so maybe im thinking of ordering some ascends and giving them a shot. i hear you can always return them, minus the shipping costs.

ScottyH

Agent
Real Name
Scott H
I auditioned Klipsch synergy 3's across the front for my setup and I thought they were way too bright for me. I also auditioned Polk RTi8's with a csi25 which I found were better than the Klipsch speakers for my taste. I then purchased the Ascend 340se's and found they were the most accurate and better sounding for me. Cant stress the for me part enough though, thats what its all about. I would try the Klipsch from best buy, Polks from circuit city, then go with the Ascends last to avoid shipping back after the audition.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
I would be looking at the HSU HB-1 and HC-1 if I were in your shoes.

http:www.hsustore.com/hb-1.html

Take a look at the reviews and check the HSU Forum for information on the HC-1 Center Channel speaker. Introductory price is pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks