What's new

3 for $40 4K at Amazon Sale until January 15th 11:59 PM PST or until stock runs out. (1 Viewer)

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

3 for $40 is about $13.34 per title.

These are Warner and Universal Titles. Some relatively recent releases are included such as Barbie ,The Exorcist., and The Flash. Individual releases of the Hitchcock films in Volume 3 of the 4K sets which include Rope, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Frenzy, Torn Curtin, and Topaz are included.

This post had an earlier link to the sale that included some films on the sale page that were not included in the sale. I found a different link where all the films on sale page worked including ones that didn't work on the other sale page. There were a few films on the original sale page that are not on the alternate sale page. Below are the films that didn't work in first link which was removed.

Puss in Boots
Babylon 5: The Road Home blu ray
The Super Mario Bros. Movie
The Flash
Meg 2: The Trench
The Dark Knight Rises
Batman Begins

They seem to work on new link except for The Dark Knight Rises and Batman Begins which are not on the new link sale page.

Sorry if this is confusing. It confused the h*** out of me.

Last edited:

Jason Goodmanson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
I saw that this morning when looking at Mask of the Phantasm 4k. Saw that I could add Barbie 4k for a few bucks more and get a "free" title. Grabbed Super Mario Bros because I'm sure it'll look fantastic in 4k.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I tried this offer with Barbie, Puss 'n Boots and It Came from Outer Space, but it didn't come up as 3 for $40.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
It probably won’t show the discount until late in checkout.

No, it's because for some reason, several titles on that page are not actually part of the promotion. Puss in Boots is one of them. If you have one or more of the ineligible titles in your cart you don't get the $40 price. Way to go, Amazon. Here are the ineligible items:

Puss in Boots
Babylon 5: The Road Home
The Flash
The Dark Knight Rises
Batman Begins

Basically, if you don't see "Get any 3 for $40" under a title you want you're out of luck for now. Probably just a snafu. Hopefully Amazon will correct the issue soon.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
No, it's because for some reason, several titles on that page are not actually part of the promotion. Puss in Boots is one of them. If you have one of the ineligible titles in your cart you don't get the $40 price. Way to go, Amazon. Here are the ineligible items:

Puss in Boots
Babylon 5: The Road Home
The Flash
The Dark Knight Rises
Batman Begins

Basically, if you don't see "Get any 3 for $40" under a title you want you're out of luck for now. Probably just a snafu. Hopefully Amazon will correct the issue soon.

Thank you for pointing this out. I edited the first post in the thread,

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Seems like those titles not working are out of stock at Amazon. If you click on the titles, it seems like it's a 3rd party seller. If they come back in stock, they may be included.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Babylon 5: The Road Home is a blu ray not a 4K and this is a 4K sale.
And yet Amazon is calling it a "Single Season DVD Deal" with no mention of either Blu-ray OR 4K! This project must have been handed off to the interns in their marketing department. :laugh:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Update to the Update

If you use the link on the order page to one of the items in the sale the ones that were excluded like Super Mario Brothers and The Flash do work and you get 3 for $40. I tested but did not order an order with "The Flash" Barbie and The Exorcist and the price was $40 plus tax. Here is that link.

Some items are not here like the two Dark Night films.

Hopefully this works for everyone and is not limited as some sales were during the holidays.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Update to the Update

If you use the link on the order page to one of the items in the sale the ones that were excluded like Super Mario Brothers and The Flash do work and you get 3 for $40. I tested but did not order an order with "The Flash" Barbie and The Exorcist and the price was $40 plus tax. Here is that link.

Some items are not here like the two Dark Night films.

Hopefully this works for everyone and is not limited as some sales were during the holidays.
I worked this time via the link. Thanks.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Thanks! This seems like a (very) good deal for anyone who didn't already buy most of them via (better) BF week/month deals -- I already bought all I wanted (for less), except The Exorcist 4K, which I'm fine w/ forgoing for now, and maybe Barbie 4K (as I merely settled for the BD on a good deal from Gruv before)... and well, didn't realize Mask of Phantasm is in 4K, but doubt I really "need" that over my BD (and HD digital)...

_Man_

Reactions: PMF

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I wish the Warner Bros order page for their 4Ks on Amazon would state the expiration date of the digital code or show a picture of the slipcover with the expiration date. Warner Bros. only mentions the digital code on it's 4K slipcovers now. The expiration date is under the words "Digital Code." The longer you wait to buy the more likely you won't get a working digital code ether because it has expired or its no longer included in the package. Not having a code reduces the value of the disc to me. I keep and use them. I don't sell them.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I wish the Warner Bros order page for their 4Ks on Amazon would state the expiration date of the digital code or show a picture of the slipcover with the expiration date. Warner Bros. only mentions the digital code on it's 4K slipcovers now. The expiration date is under the words "Digital Code." The longer you wait to buy the more likely you won't get a working digital code ether because it has expired or its no longer included in the package. Not having a code reduces the value of the disc to me. I keep and use them. I don't sell them.

Yeah, that plus Warner seems to be a bit of the stickler for expiring their codes (not long, if at all, beyond the quoted dates) unlike most other studios/distributors.

_Man_

Reactions: PMF

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

Agreed. If it helps any, I’ve noticed it usually seems to be that the expiration date printed on the insert is two years from the street date, and you can usually find the street date on the Amazon listing. In practice I’ve never had a code fail to redeem even past its date, don’t know if that’s just luck.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There’s also a big 3 for $33 sale, but half the titles are under $11 individually. :P

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Agreed. If it helps any, I’ve noticed it usually seems to be that the expiration date printed on the insert is two years from the street date, and you can usually find the street date on the Amazon listing. In practice I’ve never had a code fail to redeem even past its date, don’t know if that’s just luck.

Most codes I've had other than Warner's do seem to last far longer than the stated expiration dates (and I don't recall having any of them stop working long past those dates, ie. often well over several years, except maybe one very old code that also required use of a disc), but I've definitely had at least a few Warner ones expire w/in 6 months to year after their dates -- don't think I've ever had one fail w/in a month after stated expiration, but pretty sure beyond that w/in 6 months... though I can't say how consistent that is.

Basically, don't expect Warner codes to last much beyond the stated expiration date. Definitely try to redeem them before the expiration dates. IMHO, you can be much more lax about most other studios' codes (so far), but not w/ Warner's.

_Man_

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
It's only been in the last year or so that Warner Bros started enforcing the expiration dates on the digital codes. Before then if you had a set with a digital code no matter how old it worked. Warner Bros has removed the digital codes from the packaging after a certain period but if you had an unused one it worked. This was first pointed out here on the forum that the Warner Bros codes stopped working after their expiration date.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
It's only been in the last year or so that Warner Bros started enforcing the expiration dates on the digital codes. Before then if you had a set with a digital code no matter how old it worked. Warner Bros has removed the digital codes from the packaging after a certain period but if you had an unused one it worked. This was first pointed out here on the forum that the Warner Bros codes stopped working after their expiration date.

Nope. I was talking about past several years, not just last year -- I'm not sure when it began, but definitely since before the pandemic (and as early as circa 2018). They've always been more of the stickler than every other studio about this. I'm not saying they killed the codes exactly on expiration dates, but my experience has often been fairly soon after expiration dates (often enough no more than just a couple to few months as I said earlier). Meanwhile, I've had plenty of codes from every other studio lasting more than a few years beyond expiration dates -- and probably only 1 (non-Warner) code that I vaguely recall actually not working several years beyond stated expiration.

Anyway, just make sure to redeem Warner codes promptly is all, and don't count on them working (at least significantly) beyond expiration dates.

_Man_

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks