What's new

Component video switching (1 Viewer)

Jerry_L

Auditioning
Does anyone have the IN3582 component video switcher by INLINE? If so, is it any good. I have a Sony KP61HS10. Unfortunately, it only has 1 HD component input and I have a HD decoder box and progreassive DVD player. I have a Denon 3801 with component switching but it does a lousy job as the bandwidth is on 20mhz. There is definitely picture quality deteriation. The IN3582 has bandwidth of 280mhz. The box is about $250 and it has BNC plug, therefore I'll need to get BNC/component adaptors. I need to get a switcher, but it needs to retain the pic quality. Suggestions or comments???

William R. Moore

Auditioning
Jerry: I own a KP53 HS10 which I purchased from Sears (of all places) in Oct of last year and so far I am happy with it and haven't seen some of the picture anomolies which I have read about on the Yahoo HS10 egroup site, such as banding, etc. Also I just bought a Denon 3801 for, among other reasons, to get component video switching for input 5. Previously, with my Denon 3200, I ran a direct feed from my Pioneer DV37 progressive player to inout 5 of the Sony and it looked great in the 16x9 mode. Now that I have the 3801, I am running the Pioneer thru it as well as the component 1080i feed from my Dish 6000 receiver and then thru the Denon's component output to the Sony. I haven't noticed any significant deterioration in picture quality. It looks good to me, but of course, there is no way to "A-B" a direct connection vs the Denon connection I am using the Monster M-1000 series component video cable from the Denon to the Sony (it's their best component cable) and then I'm using two Monster "Video 3" component cables to hook up the Pioneer and the Dish 6000. Supposedly the Denon is one of the few receivers out there that has "high-bandwidth" component inputs so maybe your problem is in your cabeling. By the way, I had an awful time in setting up this receiver and I was even more confused by the manuel. Right now, I am only using the 5.1 mode but I am getting ready to add either one or two rear surrounds. Which would you recommend? Also, I was confused by the subwoofer set-up menu in the LFE section. The manuel states that the LFE level should be set to "0" for DTS movie soundtracks but it doesn't mention where this should be set for Dolby Digital. Also the manual mentions some kind of a "subwoofer peak level limit setting" but I have never been able to find that one! Any set-up tips you could pass along to me regarding the 3801 would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bill Moore, Wichita, Ks.

Scott MS

Auditioning
I have had the Inline 3582 for about a year and a half now and it works great. No deterioration of picture quality -- this is a professional grade switcher and is built and performs great!

D. Scott MacDonald

Supporting Actor
So how do you buy one of these things? I can't find anyplace to buy them off the web, and when I called the directly I was told that they don't sell to individuals. They did say that they would put me in contact with a dealer in my area, but I haven't heard anything back.
Also, can you provide more info regarding what kind of adapters are needed in order to connect to the component cables?

Jim_F

Screenwriter
I've been using the Inline 3582 since last summer to switch between a DTC100 and a DVDP on Video 5 on my 53HS10. It works great and I never have to think about it.
Inline eventually got a local dealer in touch with me, but I had already ordered from A-Vidd (http://www.a-vidd.com) I didn't see the 3582 on their site just now, I do remember I had to look up the extension of a sales rep. on the website, then call the 800 # to place my order.
Pound for pound, cubic inch for cubic inch, it's probably the highest quality piece in my HT.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks