What's new

Classic Movies I’ve Never Seen and Will Not See (1 Viewer)

noblkkat

Auditioning
Real Name
Noblkkat
I wont say that i will never see it but I have never yet seen Jaws and that's considered a classic. It;s the whole shark in the ocean thing for me. I LOVE the ocean...don't want to frolic with the sharks. Live and let live i say.

noblkkat

Auditioning
Real Name
Noblkkat
The Godfather is a true classic i agree. Missed Apocalypse Now now but I have seen Platoon.

Last edited:

noblkkat

Auditioning
Real Name
Noblkkat
You have quite a media collection there ScottHM......some might even call you a film buff.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
He is also monstrously homophobic. He is an extreme parody of a religious hypocrite. You know he's the type if he apologizes he's lying through his teeth and it's only PR.

I also don't agree with you. I understand that Mel Gibson had a brother who performed in Sydney as a drag queen. That was several decades ago.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Oh my. You have LOA in the house and are waiting to watch it for the first time? I'm hoping you have one of those video projector things with a humongous screen. The advancements in this technology are supposed to be amazing. I have a puny 65" TV so it seems pointless. I saw Harris's restoration in the late 80s several times at the Ziegfeld. Unforgettable.
The film is 3:45, so this is kind of a problem
(finding enough time to watch it in one sitting).
I have a 58” TV now, but will upgrade to 65”
in the near future.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Oh my. You have LOA in the house and are waiting to watch it for the first time? I'm hoping you have one of those video projector things with a humongous screen. The advancements in this technology are supposed to be amazing. I have a puny 65" TV so it seems pointless. I saw Harris's restoration in the late 80s several times at the Ziegfeld. Unforgettable.

I first saw "LOA" on a 4X3 20" TV and loved it.

Yes, it'd be great to see it on a huge screen, but to say it's "pointless" to watch the movie on a "puny" 65" screen makes no sense to me...

Ross Gowland

Second Unit
Real Name
Ross Gowland
I can understand people refusing to see certain films, even classics. The Vietnam example earlier in the thread was a good one. If people have experienced PTSD-inducing tragedies, then it's understandable that they might not want to see fictionalised versions of similar things, be it the loss of a child, 9/11 etc.

Not as serious as that, but I doubt I'll ever see Michael Haneke's Amour as it'd be a bit much for me due to the subject matter.

As for classics I've not seen, the following spring to mind.

Gone with the Wind
Vertigo
Psycho
Citizen Kane
High Noon

I intend to rectify the last four this year via iTunes and I suspect I'll enjoy them. But for three hours of GWTW I might need longer to steel myself.

On another forum, a member said that someone where he works refuses to see any film made before 1980. Now that's just plain weird as far as I'm concerned.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I will not see “Schindler’s List” either. I was a history teacher. The holocaust is a living breathing fact to me of course. I know it’s a wonderful movie. I just don’t want to put myself through the horrible tragedy again.

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
On another forum, a member said that someone where he works refuses to see any film made before 1980. Now that's just plain weird as far as I'm concerned.

That seems to be common for today's generation. It explains the success of computer generated "live" re-dos of successful Disney films. If it wasn't made after I was born - then it can't be any good.

My kids used to be that way with b/w movies. They called them gray movies. They would skip over anything not in color when surfing - whereas I would stop on gray. BTW my son has changed his mind and now kinda likes movies without color.

The newest media phobia is movies/tv that are not in widescreen.

Our not watch list has more to do with genres more than anything else. At this stage in my life we prefer mostly happy films. We never watch "slasher" movies. Not against them - just not our cup of tea.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
That seems to be common for today's generation. It explains the success of computer generated "live" re-dos of successful Disney films. If it wasn't made after I was born - then it can't be any good.

My kids used to be that way with b/w movies. They called them gray movies. They would skip over anything not in color when surfing - whereas I would stop on gray. BTW my son has changed his mind and now kinda likes movies without color.

The newest media phobia is movies/tv that are not in widescreen.

Our not watch list has more to do with genres more than anything else. At this stage in my life we prefer mostly happy films. We never watch "slasher" movies. Not against them - just not our cup of tea.
I have a younger coworker (late 20s) who once had that attitude about BW movies. She's a horror fan so a couple of years ago I gave her a stack of classic BW horror movies including King Kong, Frankenstein, The Wolf Man, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, and The Thing from Another World. She loved all of them and asked for more. That opened the doors to other genres of BW classics. She no longer avoids them and frequently asks for more recommendations. She discovered the noirs from the 30s/40s and just can't seem to get enough...

I just don't get those prejudices against BW movies or "non scope" movies. But I also grew up in the 60s and watching BW or 4:3 product is just as natural as breathing. Oddly, I know people my age who refuse to watch anything, movies or TV, in BW so... (FWIW most of them also have their TV adjusted to stretch 4:3 to fill the screen)

Ross Gowland

Second Unit
Real Name
Ross Gowland
Just to clarify, it’s not three hours plus running times that puts me off films. It’s three hours plus of period romance that has so far put me off GGTW in particular.

But I’ll watch it one day soon. I might even like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks