What's new

Press Release WHV Press Release: Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (1971) (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
wonka.jpg

Be Transported to a World of Pure Imagination as the Timeless & Magical Classic Family Film

WILLY WONKA & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
COMES TO 4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAYTM COMBO PACK AND DIGITAL FROM WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT

CELEBRATING ITS 50TH ANNIVERSARY, THE BELOVED FILM WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 4K RESOLUTION WITH HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE (HDR)

Own it June 29 on 4K Ultra HD and Digital

BURBANK, CA, May 3, 2021 – Warner Bros. Home Entertainment announced today that the perennial family classic Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factorywill be released on Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack and Digital on June 29. Called a “genuine work of imagination” by Roger Ebert, the film stars Gene Wilder in one of his most famous roles.

Directed by Mel Stuart from a screenplay by Roald Dahl, Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory was produced by Stan Margulies and David L. Wolper. The film is an adaptation of Dahl’s 1964 novel “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.” Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory stars Gene Wilder as Wily Wonka, Jack Albertson as Grandpa Joe, Peter Ostrum as Charlie Bucket, Roy Kinnear as Mr. Salt, Julie Dawn Cole as Veruca Salt, Leonard Stone as Mr. Beauregarde, Denise Nickerson as Violet Beauregarde, Dodo Denney as Mrs. Teevee, and Paris Themmen as Mike Teevee.

Ultra HD* showcases 4K resolution with High Dynamic Range (HDR) and a wider color spectrum, offering consumers brighter, deeper, more lifelike colors for a home entertainment viewing experience like never before.

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory will be available on Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack for $24.99 ERP and includes an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc with the feature film in 4K with HDR and a Blu-ray disc with the feature film and special features. Fans can also own Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory in 4K Ultra HD via purchase from select digital retailers beginning on June 29.

About the Film:
Directed by Mel Stuart and starring Gene Wilder as the legendary Candy Man Willy Wonka, this splendiferous movie brings to the screen the endlessly appetizing delights of Roald Dahl’s cherished book. Coated with flavorful tunes and production designs that are a visual treat for the eyes, this effervescent musical never fails to enchant young and old. On a whirlwind tour of Willy’s incredible, edible realm of chocolate waterfalls, elfish Oompa-Loompas and industrial-sized confections, a boy named Charlie (Peter Ostrum) will discover the sweetest secret of all: a generous, loving heart. And viewers will rediscover all the timeless magic as it was meant to be seen.

Ultra HD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Elements
Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory
Ultra HD Blu-ray contains the following previously released special features:
  • Commentary with the Wonka Kids
  • Pure Imagination: The Story of Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory
  • The Moviemakers
  • Scrumptious Sing-Along: Pure Imagination
  • Scrumptious Sing-Along: I Want It Now!
  • Scrumptious Sing-Along: I’ve Got A Golden Ticket
  • Scrumptious Sing-Along: Oompa-Loompa-Doompa-De-Do
  • Theatrical Trailer

DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION ELEMENTS
On June 29, 2021, Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory 4K UHD will be available to own for streaming and download to watch anywhere in high definition and standard definition on favorite devices from select digital retailers including GooglePlay, Vudu, Xbox and others, and will be made available digitally on Video On Demand services from cable and satellite providers, and on select gaming consoles.

ABOUT DIGITAL
*Digital movies or TV episodes allow fans to watch a digital version of their movie or TV show anywhere, on their favorite devices. Digital movies or TV episodes are included with the purchase of specially marked Blu-ray discs. With digital, consumers are able to instantly stream and download movies and TV shows to TVs, computers, tablets and smartphones through retail services like CinemaNow, Flixster Video, Vudu and more. For more information on compatible devices and services go to wb.com/digitalmoviefaq. Consult a digital retailer for details and requirements and for a list of digital-compatible devices.

BASICS
PRODUCT ERP

Ultra HD Blu-ray $24.99*
Standard Street Date: 6/29/2021
EST Street Date: 6/29/2021
Ultra HD Blu-ray Languages: English, Spanish, French
Ultra HD Blu-ray Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish, Parisian French
Run Time: 99 min 30 sec (Feature Only)
Rated: G
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I still remember it was this site where a petition was stated to give the DVD special edition a proper OAR option and Warner thankfully complied. Cannot wait to see this on UHD BD at last!

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
Disappointed that the original mono track isn't included. They are still using the awful 1996 stereo remix. One of Mrs. Bucket's lines is missing after "I've Got A Golden Ticket." I was hoping against hope they would rectify this.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I'm not sure what I just saw in that trailer.

Is there any kind of restoration? Or is this a 4K version of the print they've been using for 20 years?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
$44 at this time for Willy Wonka 4k. Absurd! I am sure the price will drop but that's an awfully high starting point.

Deep Discount is just over $37 so not much cheaper.

I don't see anything on Best Buy's site yet. Thought they might have a Steelbook offering of this.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
$44 at this time for Willy Wonka 4k. Absurd! I am sure the price will drop but that's an awfully high starting point.

I don't see anything on Best Buy's site yet. Thought they might have a Steelbook offering of this.
Your press release stated the SRP is $24.99. :confused:

dukiejosh54

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh

They had My Fair Lady 4k listed at around 62 dollars when the pre-order first went up and it soon went down to 19.99.

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Terrific news. A worthy recipient of a 50th anniversary treatment. Im sure it will look awesome. Probably $19.99 on release day.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt

Looks like there will be a steelbook- the thread about 2021 UHD releases has pictures. I don’t like steelbooks, but the Wonka Bar version is a cool idea.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Looks like there will be a steelbook- the thread about 2021 UHD releases has pictures. I don’t like steelbooks, but the Wonka Bar version is a cool idea.

Zavvi has a Steelbook. When I checked BestBuy the other day they had nothing.

I am certain the Amazon price will drop. MY FAIR LADY was a great example of what could happen.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I have no worries about the price.

This is a childhood favorite of mine. I remember my father and I watching it at times having video taped it on cable back in the early 80s...loading up on candy bars to eat during the movie. :)

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Is the stuff they had in the second disc in the box set included?

This release has something called The Moviemakers, but I don't know what that is. The 40th Anniversary had all of these features.

The original DVD features

Audio Commentary with the kids.

Pure Imagination: The Story of Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory

Sing-Along-Songs

Original Featurette

Trailer

The two new features that were added to the 40th were the following.

Mel Stuart's Wonkavision

A World of Pure Imagination - Another featurette that includes an interview with Wonka author himself, Roald Dahl

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks