What's new

choice of Paradigm rears......Monitors or Titans?? (1 Viewer)

Eric_M

Stunt Coordinator
Ok so far my setup I am waiting on is

Monitor 7

CC370 center

Titans for rears

Onkyo595

I already upgraded from the CC270 to the CC370 after some advice on this forum and hearing the 370 again.

Now I am thinking of upgrading the Titans to either the Mini Monitors or the Monitor 5's

The Mini Monitors will be another $100 from the titans and the Monitor 5's will be another $165 more than the Titans.

I already went WAY over my budget but that always happens it seems but I figure in the long run I will be happier this way, I think. Anyhow would it be smart to upgrade to at least the Mini Monitors over the Titans or would the Titans be good enough in this setup?

Thanks again

Scott Stephens

Stunt Coordinator
I have Monitor 7's, CC-350, PW2200, and Mini monitors for surrounds. I would highly recommend the Mini's for the surrounds...can't say how the Titans sound, but with your other speakers I would go with the Mini's, considering they are timbre matched (I believe) to the other speakers. Plus, they sound great!! Definitely worth adding a little extra $$ to your initial budget. Go for it.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have Mini Monitors as mains and Titans as rears, and they seem to work just fine together. They sound more similar than not, actually. Save a few $$ and stick with the Titans, since they are only rears. If you must upgrade, Minis would be more than enough for rears.

ADPs are good if you have the right room/furniture situation, which I do not.

Eric_M

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for everyones input so far. Hmm yeah it is another $100 but at this point considering how much i went over a little more won't kill me.

I am just worried that the Titans will not match up to the Monitor 7's

Would the Mini Monitors be much of a difference from the Monitor 3's?

In regards to the ADPs, are these the surrounds where the woofers etc are on the sides of the speakers?

I was told that these speakers are not very recommended if you plan on listening to alot of music. Any truth to this or is this , like everything else, an opinion?

Ariel

Stunt Coordinator
if you will be listening to multi-channel music (dvd-a, multi-sacd)it is better to have identical speakers around. if not, then even the titan is enough imo. it will be better to add the extra cash for a good subwoofer then upgrade the surround later. right now i have the studio20 for front and atoms for the rears and they still sounded good.

Everett A

Agent
I have Minis up front, the cc370, and titans in the rear, all v2.

The only reason I don't have Minis all around is I got the Titans a couple of years ago before everything else.

If I were building my system over again, I would go minis all around.

The titans seem to be a little brighter than the minis, so for multichannel music (and concert dvds) they draw more attention to themselves than they should. I know that minis in the back would sound more natural.

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Eric,

When I bought my speakers about 4 years ago, I got the Monitor 7's(front), Monitor 3's(rear), CC-350(center), and a Velodyne CT-120 sub.

If I could go back 4 years, I would have bought the Mini Monitors for my rears. They match exactly to the 7's, both have 6.5" mid-base drivers. The 3's have an 8" mid-base driver. I don't think being used as rear speakers has even came close to testing the outputs for the Monitor 3's.

Don't get me wrong, my system kicks, but I would have saved a few $$$ and had just as good sound as now, I'm sure.

BUY THE MINI MONITORS, IMO!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks