What's new

which Pronto??? (1 Viewer)

Brian Warren

Stunt Coordinator
I just ordered all this stuff below and heard the Pronto is great. are there choices of Prontos? the new home has multi room audio with IR repeaters in each room so I want to control the main system in any room with the device. possible? where can I read up on this device?

Paradigm mini monitor fronts,
CC 370 center,
ADP 370 surrounds
titans in the rear,
two Velodyne CHT 12 subs
Denon 3802
Denon 1600 dvd
Denon 685 for home audio
Mitsubishi WS-65869

thanks
Brian

SHAWN SZILEZY

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,
If you can spare the cash, get a Pronto Pro. Tons of memory and a great color display to boot. :emoji_thumbsup:

JeffMuller

Stunt Coordinator
Better yet, the Marantz versions of the Pronto, 5200 & 9200, have similar features, but also have hard cursor keys and more screen real estate.

Jeff

p.s. I have a Pronto 1MB (but I'd buy the Marantz 5200 if I were looking today)

FredS

Grip
There is a ton of help on the TSU1000, 2000, and 6000 available on www.remotecentral.com. I'm not certain the majority of this is applicable to the OEM units like Marantz, but could be. If not I'd have to say that remotecentral is one of the selling points for the prontos.
If you can get a TSU1000 for half the cost of a TSU2000, I'd suggest going that way. Otherwise, get the TSU2000. Color is nice, but my goodness you pay a lot for this aesthetic difference.
Between a TSU2000 and TSU6000 the only functional differences are 1) the presence of 2 additional hard keys on the 6000. 2) a builtin IR to RF converter (I think this is the case, but I don't have one of these). The 6000 has 4 times as much memory as the 2000, but this is functionally equivalent because color buttons require 4 times the memory.

Jason-Pro

Stunt Coordinator
ive got the pronto TSU 2000 and the charging dock (make sure you get a leather cover for it !!!!!) that is the absolute accessory you need. itll keep small water/soda/beer droplets off the remote and will save you alot of money in the futre :) and also puts less wear on the remote and screen.
The color one is cool if you have the Money
the only difference between the TSU1000 and TSU2000 is the 2000 has more memmory.
i got the 2000 cause im a computer geek and my little remote CCFs are extreme. all my channels are the channels logos and there is alot of pages of them :) and i just wanted more memmory just to have more fun. the TSU1000 you wont beable to put as much in but itll do the same stuff the tsu2000 will.
and also there is the Euro versions of the prontos if you want a silver TSU1000 you can get the euro version (forgot the exact number)
Hope this helps you and yes remotecentral is the best spot for remote info.
But if you do have the money go for the color version you will love it !!! my dad wants to get that one lol

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks