What's new

Questions About Wiring For Home Theater (1 Viewer)

Brent_N

Stunt Coordinator
I am finishing rough electrical for my home theater, so it is time to run speaker wires.

* How should the wires ultimately be connected to the speaker?

A) Terminate the in-wall speaker wire with some sort of receptacle or jack? If so, what sort of connector and wall plate do I need?, or...

B) Run the wire out of the wall and connect directly to the speaker. If so, what type of wall plate or fitting is typically used to give a nice finished look?

* What type of wire do I need to run to my sub? I haven't purchased my audio equipment yet, so I have no idea what to use.

* For speaker wire, is the 12 guage wire from Home Depot a good choice?

For info... I have the older Paradigm Mini Mk-3 fronts (similar to the Mini Monitor) and CC-300 center channel. I'll also be purchasing Titans for the rears. My receiver will probably be an entry level Onkyo or Denon.

Thanks

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
* What type of wire do I need to run to my sub? I haven't purchased my audio equipment yet, so I have no idea what to use.

* For speaker wire, is the 12 guage wire from Home Depot a good choice?
For the sub, it depends entirely on the type of sub you purchase. If it is a powered sub, you'll need to run line level to it. If it isn't powered, you'll run standard speaker wire to it.

Regarding wire, I suggest you check out Liberty Cable. They make excellent wire and it is rated for in-wall use.

-greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks