1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Basic wiring question so I get the best home theater sound

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Zachman54, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Zachman54

Zachman54 Auditioning

Corey
    Hello everyone, looking for some help wiring my new LG Soundbar with Dolby Atmos. I view movies from 3 different sources, ultra Hi-Def Blue Ray DVD player, the latest Roku devise, and my Xfinity cable box. I want to make sure I wire my new Soundbar so I get the best possible audio from each one. The Soundbar has 2 HDMI inputs, an HDMI ARC output, an optical input. I have the DVD player connected to HDMI 1, the HDMI ARC connected to the TV and the cable box And Roku to the TV. So it appears that the best the cable box can do Is Dolby Digital, I’m not sure about the Roku doing any better than that also and of course the DVD player can output whatever the DVD was recorded in. So I was wondering if I got this right or should I be using the optical cable or some other wiring method. The goal is to get the best possible sound from each device.

2. Tibornagy

Tibornagy Agent

Tibor nagy
    HDMI.. I think optical can't do atmos.. it's capped at 5.1..bur I am no pro

3. Mysto

Mysto Screenwriter

marv long
    You may want to start here https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/dolby-atmos-sound/

4. JohnRice

JohnRice Executive Producer

John
    Just keep in mind, no soundbar can truly reproduce Atmos. It can receive and process the signal, but the degree of actual "Atmos" soundfield you get will be virtually zero. So, just don't knock yourself out trying to feed an Atmos signal to the soundbar.