What's new

Check out Sacred Blade with Jeff Ulmer here, OFFICIAL DISCUSSION THREAD (1 Viewer)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I think these tracks rock, so much so that I did a pre-order.

I had never heard of Jeff Ulmer or his music prior to his recent thread on CD prices, and then this thread got me curious.

I am hearing stuff that reminds me of Queensryche (I am sure I nuked the spelling!) in terms of the melodies and the orchestrated guitars and perhaps a touch of Rush in some of the bass lines.

Great stuff. I would encourage anyone that likes melodic hard rock to give them a listen.

BGL

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
I like it. Music has a clean, driving feel to it, with a nice touch of mystical-ness.

LJ

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Thanks guys, I appreciate your support. I've been locked in studio putting the final touches on the mixes.

As a note of clarification (since the IT department - me - hasn't finished building the new website yet), the demo tracks are from the OTHYRWORLD - Beyond Into the Night of Day album, which is not (technically) a Sacred Blade release, even though I'll have a hard time convincing the Sacred Blade followers of that. The CD has been a long time coming, as much of the material dates back to the early 1980s, and its follow up will have material I wrote in the late 1970s on it.

I don't want to personally get into too much discussion about the record here, since HTF has rules against advertising in the forum. I'm happy you've had an opportunity to give it a listen and a chance.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
As a note of clarification (since the IT department - me - hasn't finished building the new website yet), the demo tracks are from the OTHYRWORLD - Beyond Into the Night of Day album, which is not (technically) a Sacred Blade release, even though I'll have a hard time convincing the Sacred Blade followers of that.
But the tracks that are available for sample ARE on the CD that I just pre-ordered, right?

BGL

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Do you play clubs, Jeff?
No, I play guitar, but the drummer plays golf - does that count?! :D
At present we are only doing studio work, however we will eventually be doing some live dates, though they will probably only be in Europe and Japan. All that stuff is still up in the air depending on what happens with this release, since we have been out of the live arena for the better part of a decade now.

And yes, it looks like the server is down. Figures.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I have uploaded three more tracks to the demo page if anyone is interested. The web server seems stable now, I wish I could say the same for our email server...

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
More killer tracks.....

I am really liking this stuff. In Light of the Moon kicks.

When did you say the CD would be ready?????

BGL

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Thanks Brian. Just wait until you hear it without being massacred by Real Audio. That compression is horrid.

When did you say the CD would be ready?
This is kind of a running (bad) joke, as I have been trying to get the disc released for the past six months. Things are pretty close to final master, but until I actually have the master CD in my hand, it's probably not wise to guesstimate, as the equipment has a tendency to thwart my plans at times (like my email machine dying this morning). I hope to be shipping in early August, assuming no more major hurdles crop up.
The drummer will be taking the latest version of the tracks to the Merritt Mountain Music Festival this weekend, while I lock myself in the studio tweaking the mixes some more. We are getting close...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks