What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Charmed - Season 8 (1 Viewer)

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
After quite a big build-up in the season finale, this episode was really quite disappointing.

Piper & Phoebe ripping into Paige for helping an innocent, works counter to what the audience wants. I think the storyline was some real merit, but only if the sisters find a way to fight evil while protecting their identities. Which brings us to the only exciting part of the episode, the two appearances of the Super Alias/Matrix-type Apprentice? Witch. College student by day, fighting evil by night is the ticket. :emoji_thumbsup:

I see what TPTB are trying to do by redefining the Charmed universe, but it needs some finessing that I can only hope will appear in future episodes. No magic = No sale! :D

You know, after one too many Demons-in-the-House-trying-to kill-us moments, you'd think the sisters would find/write a protection spell for the Manor. If it's good enough for Magic School...

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I haven't watched this much over the last few years. Checked in to see Julian McMahon (Cole) return last season and wanted to see how they handled the look change of the characters and this new witch. It was pretty bad. This show has gotten worse over the years and it seems like they are writing for the teen crowd. The demons conspiring to kill the father were laughable and the teen-karate chop- witch was horrendous. Adding her as a character is the equivalent of any show showing it's age adding a character like Cousin Oliver on the Brady Bunch or Leo DiCaprios character on Growing Pains.

Chris Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
like I said before I think they should have tossed the original cast and used the replacements that we saw in last years finale. that could have been the refresher the show needed.

Gralen

Stunt Coordinator
If you asked me and nobodys asking, the show went down when they fired Shannon Doherty.

Natalie F

Stunt Coordinator
That was one of the worst episodes of Charmed ever. And that's saying a lot. They really should've ended it last season, they're really going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

Kong Chang

Screenwriter
Shows usually go down hill when actors start taking the producer helm of their own show. Rather than letting the production team do what is needed to be done, the actors tell them what they want them to do.

That is why the past few years it's been one arc storyline and then a bunch of fillers that has nothing to do with the overall story. But this is what happens when you go by Episodic rather than Serial. Oh well....

I want to see them, for this year, create 3 overlapping arcs (roughly 7 eps per arc) with no fillers.

It's time that TV brings on the serials and major cliffhangers per episode.

Chris Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
so, I just started to watch the 2nd ep. and its stinks just as bad as the 1st one. maybe it will be better in the 2nd half.:frowning:

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I think there is no chance in hell Charmed is coming back for a season 9. The show has run its course and hasn't been good since season 4 IMO. Everytime you think the show has bottomed out, it gets worse.

Chris Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
nope. the 2nd half was crap too. this show used to be so entertaining awhile back.:frowning:

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
The first episode of the season wasn't that bad but this episode was so horrific it almost made me swear off the show for good. Charmed through a Sex in the City filter is not what I tuned in for. Phoebe's inane voiceovers (this is not Desperate Housewives!), Paige signing up to be a freakin' cop and the sisters' continued extreme reluctance not to help the innocent... exactly how far do TPTB have their head up their collective ass? If I wanted a family relationship show I'd watch 7th Heaven.

Billie seems to be the only good thing going for this season and I don't think the writers have a clue where this storyline is headed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks