What's new

Charlie's Angels R1 Superbit? (1 Viewer)

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
I know a lot of people hated this movie, but I loved it and I noticed that a Superbit DVD of this was just released in Region 2. Does anyone know if this title is in the pipeline for an R1 release? I'd like to get the R2, but if an R1 disc is coming I'd wait so I could play it in all my players, not just my all-code. Thanks!

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure it will be. I think it was on Superbit's online poll. I imagine it got a few votes. The current release does meet their apparent criteria: bad movie/great transfer.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Count me in on this one. I've been putting off getting this title and it's tough especially since Walmart has it for 9.97

John Torrez

Second Unit
I hope so, and with the original burnt-in subtitles please! The in-player subtitles on the current release are distracting, I heard they are even missing in one part.

Lee_eel

Second Unit
I own the region 2 Superbit and the transfer is first class. The colours are vibrant and well contained, black levels are spot on and shadow detail is impressive. There is no pixelation either. Of course there are not too many difficult scenes in this movie but that's not the discs fault. soundtrack is clear and precise with one or two standout moments.

Cameron Diaz looks even better as well!

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
I am so tempted to get the R2 Superbit, but I would have to play it on my crappy Daewoo 3000N that doesn't do proper PAL-NTSC conversion. :frowning:

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
With the sequel out this Summer, I 'm sure Columbia will milk the original for all it's worth with a Superbit re-release.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i've heard this will be a superbit deluxe - what will the second disc be? not just a reissue of the first disc right? so does that mean more bloopers and other stuff?

John Torrez

Second Unit
All the features that were on the original disc will be on the 2nd disc of the superbit edition. Also, this one won't contain the commentary track that the previous one did. That said, if the new edition contains the original burnt-in subtitles I will buy it.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i remember reading or hearing that McG had a whole bunch of bloopers that never made it to the DVD (the ones that made it to onto the original release were simply the ones used in the closing credits). i wonder what the chances are of any non-sequel material being added to this SB deluxe addition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks