What's new
World Wide Stereo

CES 2024 press releases, videos and commentary (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Interesting. Digital Trends video said 5000 dimming zones. But maybe an error? If it’s actually 20,000 dimming zones, this is potentially an attractive alternative to an projector.

I’m going to start looking into this. I don’t know if it’s physically possible to get this into my basement. I don’t know how front sound stage works if this monstrosity could be brought into my home. But I’m going to inquire.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don't think I have a wall big enough to fit something like that and still have room left over for speakers and my stereo rack.

YANG

Screenwriter
Interesting. Digital Trends video said 5000 dimming zones. But maybe an error? If it’s actually 20,000 dimming zones, this is potentially an attractive alternative to an projector... ...
using the number to do a simple mathematics calculation... 20000/5000=4? if we're to look @ "primary color" theory... wouldn't it be, ehh... Red+Blue+Green and Yellow or White?
anyway, i don't have much knowledge on dimming zone subject. but, in simple understanding, if one bulb/LED Diode equals one dimming zone, a size so big to accommodate a backlight buildup of 5000 diodes, equals 5000 dimming zones.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, after watching some of these clips, now I'm beginning to wonder if I should cancel the 42" LG C3 that I was buying as a wall-mounted display for the PC that I finally broke down and bought.

YANG

Screenwriter
I can haz 114” micro-LED?
would u be willing to burn the same amount of monies on a TESLA Cybertruck that's priced close to the 114" microLED?
one would move u around for... 5yrs.
another would stay in one place for... 5yrs?
😁

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Interesting. Digital Trends video said 5000 dimming zones. But maybe an error? If it’s actually 20,000 dimming zones, this is potentially an attractive alternative to an projector.

I’m going to start looking into this. I don’t know if it’s physically possible to get this into my basement. I don’t know how front sound stage works if this monstrosity could be brought into my home. But I’m going to inquire.

Press release reporting is 20,000 dining zones. (DT misspoke seemingly.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks