What's new

CES 2024 press releases, videos and commentary (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I bought the Alienware 32” end game pc monitor. Will be here Monday. Will sell off the 42” c3 to half fund that. I’m pretty excited. Hopefully last gaming monitor I ever buy.

Now I just need the big boys to get down into an affordable price range

YANG

Screenwriter
Stop the FOMO's introduction of HiSense range of displays...

...shows a range with Samsung's Frame'esque matte panels!
this got me excited!!!​

YANG

Screenwriter
for the projection enthusiasts new products introduction,

from FORMOVIE, XGIMI, ULTIMEA.​

YANG

Screenwriter
price on the global version of 115QM891G announced in a tropical island state today...
1314cb5cafb4f103ac4bcc35dcd917a23890fcee.png

...the high price didn't come as a surprise as the Asian Global version of 100U7K from HiSense priced about USD$7500 which includes delivery, setup, and a warranty package of 3yrs complete coverage.

not to mention that the price of 110UX-N had not reveal yet, in AsiaPacific Markets.
😁

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Unattributed pricing is <$20k.

They confirmed “under” 20k

price on the global version of 115QM891G announced in a tropical island state today...
1314cb5cafb4f103ac4bcc35dcd917a23890fcee.png

...the high price didn't come as a surprise as the Asian Global version of 100U7K from HiSense priced about USD$7500 which includes delivery, setup, and a warranty package of 3yrs complete coverage.

not to mention that the price of 110UX-N had not reveal yet, in AsiaPacific Markets.
😁
Super weird the TCL is priced at $27k when TCL was saying at CES it was “under $20,000”

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Super weird the TCL is priced at $27k when TCL was saying at CES it was “under $20,000”
You’re saying a global corporation can’t get their facts straight? The hell you say? :P

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

😁
This isn’t USA pricing is it? I’m appreciating your’re saying the price in a tropical island was announced, not American pricing.

YANG

Screenwriter
it will be under USD$20k considering that the X-rates between USD to SGD is now around 1:1.35.
warranty package is another cost which will affect the final retail price as well. if TCL U.S. gives only 2yrs warranty, that would certainly take a slash on the price. however, manpower is transportation and setup will add some cost back.

here's an example of how pricing differs on a 2 man delivery and setup job 85"UX from Hisense differs in U.S. and Singapore.

from Value Electronics, their price is inclusive of 2yrs warranty honored by HiSense.

while in Singapore, one of the major foreign retail giant, propose for SGD$9000 without discounts but will carry 3yrs warranty coverage from HiSense. this product is still on hold from HiSense Singapore to be release from sale from the retailer... as they consider the proposed price is too "low".

from the 2 price u can see, the rough USD$1400 difference could fall on other factors... it's either manpower, or warranty or even TAX.

HT_Enthusiast

Auditioning
Real Name
Nelson Hernandez
I was hoping to get more info. from CES about the Hisense C1 Pro. Details were sparse. @Robert_Zohn or anyone else in the know, what is your guestimate as to when this projector will be available stateside and at what price? Looking to upgrade from old Mitsubishi HC4000. I really want 3D in a projector which is why I didn't pull the trigger on the C1. Hoping the C1 Pro has 3D as well as DV & HDR10+ like the C1.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
I spent a lot of time in Hisense's CES 2024 exhibit and I love the new C1 Pro. Mainly because of the new feature where you pair two C1 Pro projectors to render 21:9 aspect ratio images. The new C1 Pro is very bright with 2,300 lumens and is rated at 1700:1 contrast ratio.
Here's a picture from Hisense's C1 Pro exhibit at CES that demonstrates two C1 Pro projectors blending two images into one 21:9 CinemaScope image.
347CB213-D052-4A15-84EB-4EAF67FF04C1.JPG

Here's a picture of Hisense's booth at CES that I took with a 180" wide angle lens:

60988AF5-DEAC-4D79-9700-983FB21860A8.JPG

HT_Enthusiast

Auditioning
Real Name
Nelson Hernandez
I spent a lot of time in Hisense's CES 2024 exhibit and I love the new C1 Pro. Mainly because of the new feature where you pair two C1 Pro projectors to render 21:9 aspect ratio images. The new C1 Pro is very bright with 2,300 lumens and is rated at 1700:1 contrast ratio.
Here's a picture from Hisense's C1 Pro exhibit at CES that demonstrates two C1 Pro projectors blending two images into one 21:9 CinemaScope image.
View attachment 209613

Here's a picture of Hisense's booth at CES that I took with a 180" wide angle lens:

View attachment 209612
That looks so cool! I'd settle for just one :) Any thoughts as to when it'll be available. Patience is a virtue I lack.

YANG

Screenwriter
as much as i'm trying to understand the technique, it rolls down to the basic fact that the HiSense C1Pro is a dual projection system setup?
1. so before the blending, each projector cast an image in 21:9 then moves to the blending point before the image "overlapping" one another?
2. or like what other video clips had shown in YouTube uploads, 2 projectors cast their individual 16:9 then moves to the blending zone, about one third of the image "overlaps" one another to form a 21:9 image?

while the technique may be beneficial on upscaling, i have my doubts on the 2 way of "blending".
1. if the casting of image are in 21:9 from the separate projectors, could that means each projector is shooting out different elements of an image? such as... my guess... one in black and white, while another in color?
2. if the casting of image are both in 16:9 then blend in the center, wouldn't the blending zone would appears to be brighter than then other part of the whole picture?

pardon me for asking this, as my impression on projection had been always on single gun, or triple gun projection...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks