What's new

CES 2024 press releases, videos and commentary (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
@Sam Posten
Even though you just put your money on the barrelhead, thought you'd find this interesting.

And I'm starting to begin thinking about what monitor to get when I buy a (presumed) m3 mac mini this year (since the Apple 5K might not be the best value for me).

Last edited:

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
as much as i'm trying to understand the technique, it rolls down to the basic fact that the HiSense C1Pro is a dual projection system setup?
1. so before the blending, each projector cast an image in 21:9 then moves to the blending point before the image "overlapping" one another?
2. or like what other video clips had shown in YouTube uploads, 2 projectors cast their individual 16:9 then moves to the blending zone, about one third of the image "overlaps" one another to form a 21:9 image?

while the technique may be beneficial on upscaling, i have my doubts on the 2 way of "blending".
1. if the casting of image are in 21:9 from the separate projectors, could that means each projector is shooting out different elements of an image? such as... my guess... one in black and white, while another in color?
2. if the casting of image are both in 16:9 then blend in the center, wouldn't the blending zone would appears to be brighter than then other part of the whole picture?

pardon me for asking this, as my impression on projection had been always on single gun, or triple gun projection...
Here's a video I took at Hisense's CES exhibit of the upcoming C1 Pro. Only sorry I did not take the video in the opposite timing so you could see the two C1 Pro projectors rotate until the two images perfectly pair together as one ultra wide screen 21:9. CinemaScope.

Attachments

• IMG_3416.MOV
    21.6 MB

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Well that’s just $15k over budget soooo
Well, that’s better than being $21k over budget. :D

It’s TCL, so can imagine it being $15k on sale. And it seems like these LED sets are advancing such that it will be under $10k in a year or two. Maybe even down to $5k (on sale or not) in two years?

YANG

Screenwriter
Well that’s just $15k over budget soooo
u'll will be elated that the USD$19999 list price, may get u 2 sets of 98", with addition of 1 set of 85" of the X955 series... if U.S. pricing strategy is the same as Singapore.
hence, owning a "close to 100" 98X955 might not require u to fork out 5 digit figure monies to own.

YANG

Screenwriter
majority of the focus falls on the 2 giants from China, leaving the smaller marques un-spotted.
with the launch of "Picture Frame" TV with matte surface panel from HiSense,
Skyworth's also introduce theirs in CES2024, 4mths after SkyWorth launch theirs as Q7D series in China domestic market.
ceczCVQ33pWpc.jpg

57c2c7787243e10b7369555d6adf56ab152bc059.png

while China domestic market's Q7D backlight is DLED, global market model's series is under P6E, with SkyWorth badge and miniLED... brighter as well @ 6000nits!
as u can see from the attached picture, the "Picture Frame" Series starts from 65" all the way until 100".

SkyWorth build TVs bearing branding to different region. that means, if production volume speeds up, European market could see this "Picture Frame TV" sold under Metz marque, COOCAA somewhere else.
in North America, it will likely be sold with SkyWorth badge.​

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
This is a don't miss YouTube video on Brian's Tech Therapy with Rob Brennan, Sony's manager of Video and Audio products discussing the advancements in Sony's 2024 QD MiniLED TV line-up and more.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
Check out this important presentation on the new and correct recommended viewing distances from your TV! Also glad to see FOMO reference our great friend Phil Holland, who is one of Hollywood's top professional cinematographers.

Phil mostly films in native 8K HDR and is on our panel of expert judges at our annual TV Shootout Evaluation event.

The trend from all TV manufacturers is better processing, better panels and larger screen sizes, and the consumers are loving these new larger premium video displays and sitting closer than they did with the older TVs.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Check out this important presentation on the new and correct recommended viewing distances from your TV! Also glad to see FOMO reference our great friend Phil Holland, who is one of Hollywood's top professional cinematographers.
To each his own, but an 80 degree viewing angle is way too much for me. Even in the cinema, I prefer the back row for newer theatres and the middle for older ones. I currently sit about 7 feet away from a 75" set for an angle of around 42 degrees and wouldn't want to sit any closer than that. That's also only for movies and some epic series. For everyday viewing I sit about 7 feet from a 50" set.

Not to mention that anything but the most pristine content would look awful - I can only imagine how bad over-compressed 720 cable would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks