What's new
World Wide Stereo

CES 2024 press releases, videos and commentary (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert_Zohn

Value Electronics
Premium
Insider
Real Name
Robert Zohn
True, ^, but the big news is that this 2024 S95D QD OLED TV is significantly brighter than the current S95C and it has Samsung's new SoC processor and they upgraded the operating system.

YANG

Screenwriter
the only surprise on the development of brightness from OLED technology i'm expecting to be ready and available to acquire in final quarter of the year, will be PHOLED...

...that is supposedly to be 75~100% brightness growth compared to what most non-MLA panels can achieve.
in the latest video from Stop the FOMO, it was mentioned that Dolby Vision may not be necessarily sought after feature if display device brightness can achieve 4 digit "Nit Numbers". display tech trend setter SONY, is putting much focus on miniLED and image control this year... where the former, is significantly lower cost than OLED tech from either Korean OLED giants to implement and produce.

in 2024, new OLED-TV products, be it with MLA or QD-OLED or simply typical panels, will face some level of disruptions in sales, as miniLED displays are getting bigger and budget-friendlier to own. these 2 key factors are not the only thing i, or show i say, majority of others observed. the boom of computer monitors with OLED panels in 2023 i saw, priced around half of 55inch OLED TVs, gets interested buyer to own one sized 7inch less!
is the OLED "hype" cooling down? i suppose so... as one could get a bigger miniLED display at much more competitive price than OLED...

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Just came here to post that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks