What's new

CBS MOD DVD for 2019? (1 Viewer)

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
As of right now, the only non-videotaped title I could see them releasing in the future on my list might be Out of the Blue (1979), when you consider that the series, in addition to being a spinoff/crossover of Happy Days and Mork & Mindy, has a fantasy theme (like The Powers of Matthew Star, The Magician, I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched).

~Ben

Last edited:

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
As of right now, the only non-videotaped title I could see them releasing in the future on my list might be Out of the Blue (1979), when you consider that the series, in addition to being a spinoff/crossover of Happy Days and Mork & Mindy, has a fantasy theme (like The Powers of Matthew Star, The Magician, I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched).

~Ben

Short as the run of that ABC comedy was, I don't doubt it'll sooner or later be released!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Don't toss those Betas or VHSs or whatever you have them recorded on, if you were so inclined to record them when they aired.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Here are a few videos to make my point about Blansky's Beauties and Goodtime Girls possibly also being available on 1" tape:

(Blansky's Beauties intro)

(Blansky's Beauties partial outro)

(Goodtime Girls partial outro)

Both of these came from vintage TV Land airings (circa 2000), and thus have the 1995 Paramount Domestic TV logo at the end.

~Ben

Last edited:

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Any shows which aired on TV Land were remastered to DigiBeta. There isn't an elements issue, just a lack of sales potential issue. There's isn't a big market for 40-year old failed series that lasted a half season or less.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
Ben,

You're in luck as DECADES Channel (if you get that channel) will be running a LAS Marathon from Noon CT (12/8/2018) - 6 AM CT (12/10/2018), so set your recorder to tape all those episodes if you are so inclined to do as such.
I'd been following this binge, and two of the season 2 (1970-71) episodes they're showing keep their original (pre-ABC Daytime run) opening and closing credits.

These are episodes 2x14 ("Love and the Only Child" and "Love and the Wig") and 2x15 ("Love and the Kidnapper"), both of which were part of the short 16-episode half-hour run (handy for easier digestion in syndication), although they were aired out of order. I also think episodes 2x09 ("Love and the Young Executive") and 2x13 ("Love and the Man Next Door"), also from the same run, keep the original as-first-aired opening and closing credits.

In fact, these 16 episodes alone would constitute a perfect volume 1 DVD release of season 2 (once the other segmental elements are found and then put back together for the other episodes outside of the four I mentioned earlier)!

~Ben

Last edited:

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
How about the 1993 back to Mayberry with Andy Griffith Jim Nabors Don Knotts and Ron Howard?

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
We're all entitled to our own individual opinions about this and other short-lived titles.

I stick by my motto, which is "never say never."

~Ben

You are going by opinions. I'm in contact with the folks who choose these releases so my postings are based on facts, rather than my opinions.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
You are going by opinions. I'm in contact with the folks who choose these releases so my postings are based on facts, rather than my opinions.
Please let me say that I do acknowledge that not all of the titles I list will be released on DVD, but that they are merely suggestions. You have your favorites, as I do mine.

~Ben

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks