What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Paramount+ Paramount+ Streaming Service (Formerly CBS All Access) (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Paramount + pricing. $5 per month with commercials, $10 per month commercial free. In addition some content will only be available at the $10 tier.

Per Deadline:

"In addition to a lack of ads, the premium tier will offer live sports supplemented by “even more CBS Sports,” Ryan said, without elaborating. News will be “enriched” by news feeds, he said, including local news from stations around the country. Keeping the day’s metaphor going, he promised that premium subscribers’ “mountain of entertainment will get even taller, with the full, live CBS TV experience at their fingertips.”

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
"Paramount+ will have access to non-Paramount movies also licensed by Epix including titles from MGM and Sony Pictures. That list will include the long-delayed latest James Bond feature “No Time to Die,” after its theatrical release."

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
"Paramount+ will have access to non-Paramount movies also licensed by Epix including titles from MGM and Sony Pictures. That list will include the long-delayed latest James Bond feature “No Time to Die,” after its theatrical release."

As an aside, can I just say how funny the '+' added to your name is? :laugh:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if current CBS All Access subscribers like myself will be offered this new $5 rate for the basic plan and or can upgrade the full plan price? It would be nice for us inaugural subscribers to get the annual plan deals too.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I wonder if current CBS All Access subscribers like myself will be offered this new $5 rate for the basic plan and or can upgrade the full plan price?

From Variety:

"The $4.99 monthly plan for Paramount+, while it will include live sports including NFL games, will exclude local CBS stations. In June, the previous $5.99/month plan for CBS All Access will be discontinued, but existing subscribers will not be affected unless they cancel and resubscribe to the new tier.

The $4.99 Paramount+ tier will have “way more content than CBS All Access had,” and it’s priced to maximize consumer appeal and ad revenue, Tom Ryan, CEO of ViacomCBS Streaming division, told analysts. By eliminating CBS locals from that package, ViacomCBS has more flexibility in how it structures distribution deals, he added."

It would be nice for us inaugural subscribers to get the annual plan deals too.

As an existing subscriber myself what I did was cancel my current subscription then resubscribed to the $29.99/yr deal. It saved me $42 for the year on what I would have paid for just CBS All Access and I upgraded to Paramount+ in the process.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
These companies never extend the "specials" to existing customers. If they already have you on the hook, why lower your price? These are to entice new customers only, usually.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
From Variety:

"The $4.99 monthly plan for Paramount+, while it will include live sports including NFL games, will exclude local CBS stations. In June, the previous $5.99/month plan for CBS All Access will be discontinued, but existing subscribers will not be affected unless they cancel and resubscribe to the new tier.

The $4.99 Paramount+ tier will have “way more content than CBS All Access had,” and it’s priced to maximize consumer appeal and ad revenue, Tom Ryan, CEO of ViacomCBS Streaming division, told analysts. By eliminating CBS locals from that package, ViacomCBS has more flexibility in how it structures distribution deals, he added."

Priced to maximize... ad revenue... and I expect they really mean that (a whole lot), so no thanks.

There's really not much I've wanted to see on the service anyway beyond the new Star Trek original series (and I'm actually starting to grow a bit tired of Discovery). A month or two of binging per year works just fine for that...

_Man_

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
I contacted support and still cannot get a straight answer as to what is going to happen to my $9.99/month plan with CBS AA and Showtime I purchased through Apple TV+.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I contacted support and still cannot get a straight answer as to what is going to happen to my $9.99/month plan with CBS AA and Showtime I purchased through Apple TV+.

Google is much faster than contacting support... ;)

"We’ve learned however, that there currently aren’t plans to end the promotion for current customers. When CBS All Access becomes Paramount+, you will continue to get Apple TV+, Showtime, and now Paramount+ (Ad-Free) for just $9.99 a month. The one kicker is that you can’t cancel your plan, because once you do you won’t be able to re-subscribe to the promotion."

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’ve got the $100/yr CBS AA subscription through July 24. So, not really worth doing the $50/yr new member with P+.

I hope P+ offers a $100/yr annual subscription option. I like getting the 20% discount for prepaying.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I would like to know about this as well.

It looks like a lot of hoops to jump through and I am not quite certain what is involved or if it's still valid

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I hope P+ offers a $100/yr annual subscription option. I like getting the 20% discount for prepaying.

Paramount+ has the same option. Your account will just transfer over as it is to the new service.

I was just told about this deal which is even better...

Posts like this would make me think twice...

892298F9-D1E9-40FE-8814-F4D27274C408.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks