What's new

Paramount+ Paramount+ Streaming Service (Formerly CBS All Access) (1 Viewer)

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
I don't remember the service being called anything other than CBS All Access, but I could be wrong.

Viacom (Paramount) wasn't in the picture when the service started, so I think wanting a name change now that the company is different is perfectly reasonable.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
What was it’s second name?

I’ve only see CBS All Access and now Paramount +
I don't remember the service being called anything other than CBS All Access, but I could be wrong.

Viacom (Paramount) wasn't in the picture when the service started, so I think wanting a name change now that the company is different is perfectly reasonable.
Cranston,

You see what I meant about how often I'm wrong.:) You can't mix up the parent company name change ViacomCBS with its streaming service name change of CBS All Access which will now be Paramount+ some time in 2021.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Well, they finally terminated my free trial (on 10/1?) that lasted an extra few months. Too bad I decided to start binging on The Good Wife too late to finish before it happened -- for a while, I didn't think I'd have enough time before they actually terminated my trial, but finally got enticed into it and will now have to wait maybe til the new season of ST: Discovery shows up to catch the final couple seasons... Oh well...

_Man_

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I tried to sign up for a free trial but every time I try to sign up I get "Unable to complete transaction, please contact your bank." There is nothing wrong with my various credit cards. Tried PayPal and PayPal said it was ready but when it went back to CBS All Access website and I clicked on start subscription, nothing happens. I tried using Chrome and Edge browser. Anyone have a clue how to resolve ? This was a resumption of service as they sent me an email.

Thanks

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
So, if you currently subscribe to CBS ALL ACCESS you will automatically have PARAMOUNT+ ?
It will ether automatically switch over or you might have to log in again on TV or download a new app and sign in with your CBS All Access user name and password. I would be surprised if there were any problems with Fire TV or ROKU carrying the service since they carry CBS All Access. Only question I have is will they move the CBS options available without subscription on All Access, like your local CBS station and recent episodes of current CBS shows.

Last edited:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
is The price going up?

"It is unknown if the pricing for CBS All Access, which runs $5.99 a month for an ad-supported tier or $9.99 a month ad-free, will remain the same for Paramount Plus. No pricing changes were mentioned in Tuesday's announcement."

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hope they're also making some improvements to the app.

Finally having multi-user profiles would be good. Allowing some default preference settings for the audio is another (so it doesn't always seem to default to stereo PCM). Would also be good if the volume level for their DD/DD-Plus audio isn't so low, especially relative to their usually default stereo PCM -- seems like 10-15db lower, which is especially annoying combined w/ how the app defaults back to stereo PCM at the start of every TV episode (or movie).

_Man_

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
My CBS app was just updated to say "Coming Soon Paramount+"

There's a video that says that starting March 4 you can go to the Paramount+ website or app and "sign in with your existing CBS email and password to continue streaming."

So it sounds like it will use a new app, not an updated one. My gut says they're going to keep pricing where it is, for the time being...

Last edited:

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Did anyone else notice they seem to have dropped a bunch of episodes from some shows on the app last night? Nothing I was (still) watching myself, but some my wife was watching.

For instance, I noticed a bunch went missing for The Good Wife.

However, as before, they all still seem available thru the AppleTV+ subscription/portal version of CBS All Access (since that's how I subscribed this time around). We just prefer to use the dedicated app, instead of the AppleTV app, to watch their content so far...

Wondering if this change is part of their prep for Paramount+ or just part of their periodic lineup change. IF the latter, is there a good, reliable source of info (ahead of time) for when different specific content will be dropped (periodically)? The app itself doesn't show, and a quick google doesn't seem to find anything useful either.

That would be another thing they should probably include w/ the new app/update...

_Man_

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Did anyone else notice they seem to have dropped a bunch of episodes from some shows on the app last night? Nothing I was (still) watching myself, but some my wife was watching.

For instance, I noticed a bunch went missing for The Good Wife.

However, as before, they all still seem available thru the AppleTV+ subscription/portal version of CBS All Access (since that's how I subscribed this time around). We just prefer to use the dedicated app, instead of the AppleTV app, to watch their content so far...

Wondering if this change is part of their prep for Paramount+ or just part of their periodic lineup change. IF the latter, is there a good, reliable source of info (ahead of time) for when different specific content will be dropped (periodically)? The app itself doesn't show, and a quick google doesn't seem to find anything useful either.

That would be another thing they should probably include w/ the new app/update...

_Man_
Boy I hope they're not removing episodes of The Good Wife and others! We're ready to start Season 3, paused only because of Mandalorian, The Expanse, Discovery, and now finally watching Westworld S3. But I'm looking forward to continuuing The Good Wife. If that's gone, that will be a big disappointment. That would change my choices for streaming renewal later this year.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Why do all these streamers have to be a "+"? Is that supposed to have some meaning that I'm not aware of?

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Boy I hope they're not removing episodes of The Good Wife and others! We're ready to start Season 3, paused only because of Mandalorian, The Expanse, Discovery, and now finally watching Westworld S3. But I'm looking forward to continuuing The Good Wife. If that's gone, that will be a big disappointment. That would change my choices for streaming renewal later this year.

When I checked last night, more than 1/2 of the episodes, maybe including most/all of S3 (and S4), seemed missing for The Good Wife.

IF they stay gone, then the AppleTV subscription version may be your best option -- that also seems the case for a few other shows I've checked...

_Man_

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
All content appears present on AppleTV/iOS. I think you may be experiencing either hardware specific/user specific/platform specific bug rather than an intentional removal.

On the business end, it wouldn’t make sense since they constantly run ads on social media and websites saying “all episodes available now” and then not have said episodes available.

Maybe delete and reinstall the app?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks