What's new

Paramount+ Paramount+ Streaming Service (Formerly CBS All Access) (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
According to the terms and conditions of the CBS app there are no refunds given for early cancellations. That negates everything.

“ If you cancel your subscription, the cancellation will go into effect at the end of the then-current monthly or annual subscription period, as applicable. You will have continued access to CBS All Access for the remainder of your paid subscription period, but YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND OF ANY FEES PAID. There are no refunds for partial months or years. You must cancel your subscription before it renews for the next month or year, as applicable, to avoid paying the Fees for the next month or year, as applicable. FOR ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTIONS,”

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
So what you have to do is apply the paramount plus coupon under your account and when your current membership expires it will renew at 50% off.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I wonder if current CBS All Access subscribers like myself will be offered this new $5 rate for the basic plan and or can upgrade the full plan price? It would be nice for us inaugural subscribers to get the annual plan deals too.
You will be grandfathered in on the $5.99 ad-supported plan which includes streaming access to your local CBS affiliate, something only current CBS AA subscribers get and will continue to receive until further notice. New subscribers on or after 3/4 when the name changes will not get their local CBS channel on the service. They may also have limited access to original and other programming (similar to Peacock's free tier). At least that is what I understand from what I've read after the presentation.

That being said, the quality of the live stream is somewhere between 360i and 480i with lots of macro blocking. At least for those in the Reno, Nevada market.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Patrick,

Do you have a link to this offer? Thanks!

Never mind!

I signed up for the one year subscription with no commercials at half price. Now, the question is how much stuff I'll actually stream over the next 12 months?:laugh:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
By the way, this is the last day for that 50% deal and tomorrow, March 4th, CBS All Access becomes Paramount+

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
By the way, this is the last day for that 50% deal and tomorrow, March 4th, CBS All Access becomes Paramount+
Yup. Remember tho if you’re already a yearly member and try to cancel to take advantage of the 50% off, you don’t get refunded anything.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
So, if I'm an existing CBS All Access member, I need to cancel my account to sign up for the 50% off using the PARAMOUNTPLUS code?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I signed up for the one year subscription with no commercials at half price. Now, the question is how much stuff I'll actually stream over the next 12 months?:laugh:
I just did the same. I will give it a try for a year and see how much we use it -- similar to what I did with Disney+ (although that was for three years). I didn't want to go with the ad-supported plan, as I have that with the Peacock service (we get it for free), and I never watch it because of the commercials.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well, it appears to officially be Paramount+ now. I was watching an episode of The Stand, stopped in the middle to take a shower, and when I resumed 30 minutes later, it had switched and had a Paramount+ intro. Still using the CBS app on the ATV 4K. Has it been mentioned if there will be a new app?

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Interestingly the 50% promotion says "Offer expires on 03/03/2021 11:59 PM GMT." I was logging on after finally getting home from work to see if I could still take advantage of the offer when I saw that it was GMT where it is already March 4. So, it's not surprising that it is now Paramount+.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Interestingly the 50% promotion says "Offer expires on 03/03/2021 11:59 PM GMT." I was logging on after finally getting home from work to see if I could still take advantage of the offer when I saw that it was GMT where it is already March 4. So, it's not surprising that it is now Paramount+.
I signed up for the offer at around 10pm EST on 03/03, so they didn't hold to that GMT deadline.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Apparently for iPad there’s an update that transformed the existing CBS app into Paramount+ For Apple TV box there‘s no way to force an update since updates are automatic so I guess eventually it will switch over. I have noticed that HDR is back now on Picard and Discovery S3.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Yeah, I didn't wait, now I just have to start watching some of that damn programming.;)
I checked out some of the movies. Nothing in 4K that I can find. And unlike HBOMax, they aren’t using the newest masters. For instance, Elizabethtown is the old 1.78 transfer, not the brand new 1.85 version that was just released, and The Greatest Show on Earth is the same old faux-widescreen version, when we know a new transfer is coming out at the end of the month.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I checked out some of the movies. Nothing in 4K that I can find. And unlike HBOMax, they aren’t using the newest masters. For instance, Elizabethtown is the old 1.78 transfer, not the brand new 1.85 version that was just released, and The Greatest Show on Earth is the same old faux-widescreen version, when we know a new transfer is coming out at the end of the month.
That is one of my biggest complaints about these new streaming services. They have to up their game, presentation quality-wise and so far, most of them pale in comparison to Disney+. I took a look at "The Greatest Show on Earth" yesterday and it was the same crappy stream that's on Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks