What's new

Paramount+ Paramount+ Streaming Service (Formerly CBS All Access) (1 Viewer)

Albert71292

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Sims
OK, so all the "announcements" that CBS All Access subscribers would need to login this morning into the "new" Paramount+ app was bogus. I checked all my devices this morning expecting to do just that, and found it was not necessary.

However, on my Fire Stick 4K's (which I rarely use for CBS/P+ due to its ridiculous support of only stereo audio), the app still showed as "CBS All Access" until you launch the app, which then displayed a splash screen for Paramount+, yet in the upper left corner of the app's user interface, it still showed as CBS All Access. When I exited the app, it still showed as CBS All Access on the Fire User Interface. Restarting my Fire Stick devices solved the issue.

On my Roku and Apple TV 4K devices, everything has been changed to Paramount+ with no restart required.
Same here. Didn't have to log in again on the Nvidia Shield, LG TV, or Apple TV box. Only place I had to log in again after the transition was the desktop PC, and that was only because the browser redirected my old link to "paramountplus. com" from the old CBS link, so the password manager treated it as a different website.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I now have a section on my home screen called "Continue Watching" that contains the shows I have been watching, each queued up for the next episode. While I would still like a watch list to place shows and films I am interested in, this is better than nothing.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I now have a section on my home screen called "Continue Watching" that contains the shows I have been watching, each queued up for the next episode. While I would still like a watch list to place shows and films I am interested in, this is better than nothing.

That’s been there for a long time although it does sometimes mysteriously disappear...

_Man_

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Reminder to non Paramount + subscribers there is a new CBS app where you can watch recent episodes of CBS broadcast shows. While this new app will link to Paramount + you can watch the current CBS programs apparently without signing in. The CBS app is available on Fire TV. I assume it is available elsewhere but Fire TV is what I have. The CBS app has the Oprah special for now which is not on Paramount +

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
This app fits in well with all the other sucky streaming apps. I really thought the re-branding and re-launch would also have an updated app, but no such luck.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I subscribed over the weekend. I think the Return to the old Gulf Western looking app Art is Good and thankfully, No Skip Intro

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Someone needs to explain to Paramount+ what a movie is. Going through their A-Z list of movies brings up a ton of comedy specials and Smithsonian Channel shows.
Quote I Am Serious GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time
;) ...

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I am getting tired of having to click the options button on my Roku remote every time I start a movie or show to change the audio from the default STEREO to DD+ 5.1.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I am getting tired of having to click the options button on my Roku remote every time I start a movie or show to change the audio from the default STEREO to DD+ 5.1.

Yeah, I've being saying that for like a year now. Very annoying especially when binging shows that could really benefit a lot from the DD+ track, especially since the volume diff also tends to be big between the two -- seems like the default stereo PCM runs 10-15db louder than the DD+.

I basically gave up switching the audio for some shows that didn't seem to benefit as much...

_Man_

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Anyone else with the premium subscription (commercial-free) getting advertisements today? I am getting commercials, and cannot get through to support.
Lots of similar complaints on the Cord Cutters page on Facebook today. Although we watched last Friday's episode of Magnum PI this afternoon and there were no interruptions.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
It's worse. I just saw a guy report on Twitter that subscribes to the ad-free tier that they showed an ad for a birth control device on Spongebob Squarepants!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It's worse. I just saw a guy report on Twitter that subscribes to the ad-free tier that they showed an ad for a birth control device on Spongebob Squarepants!
I saw some similar stuff, though watching Blue Bloods. Plus, it sometimes takes as long as 20 seconds between commercials, which also have audio that's about 8 dB higher than the program, and look like they're streaming at about 240 lines of resolution with blocking all over the place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks