What's new

Castle Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
schan1269 said:
Fillion is hardly the only person that gets that fee. The various cons wouldn't exist, unless the fees were there.

And I don't think his cut is the entire $99. (his isn't the highest one either)

Edit:

Here's the printout for Minneapolis...thought Englund would be higher than that...
http://wizardworldops.ticketleap.com/minneapolisautographs/
Nice to see Shatner still at $75 (he was at that level 3-4 years ago), and I'm fairly certain he sees all that money. I suspect Fillion sees a good chunk of the $99/autograph ($75 or more), as do most autograph guests who collect money at their tables. There's no way those guests are giving the con 2/3 of their weekend income. I've been going to Dragon Con for over 15 years (and many other cons for many years as well), I get the "culture" of autograph-collecting of the attractions/celebs brought to the con. For the major celebs (whose appearances are used to promote the con), they get flown out, set up in a room, and their presence provides the attractions for attendees. Besides those perks, those celebs also go home with the money they make on autographs and other trinket sales, no way the con's cut is that deep. Most cons will cap lines to keep the guests on their respective schedules for other things, like panels or other events. Con-goers understand lines getting capped, or if tickets need to be bought to ensure them getting autographs.

Sorry for the thread drift. Hopefully we'll be back to discussing next Monday's episode in no time...

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I try not to let what an actor or other performer does away from the part, to effect my opinion of the work he does. He charges for autographs? Meh. He doesn't believe in giving out autographs? Meh. He doesn't share my political views? Meh. Is he a reprehensible person in his private life…that's a little tougher. However, I've noticed I can still enjoy Chinatown.

If a performer charges an exorbitant (I think anything above $40 is exorbitant) amount, all he's denying me is an autograph. Big deal.

Full disclaimer: I just recently paid $20 each for 3 autographs. They were Ricou Browning, Julie Adams, and Ginger Stanley. They all appeared in Creature from the Black Lagoon. I wanted their sigs on a photo of my pumpkin carving of the classic Creature Poster. I've never spent that much on autographs before and doubt i will ever do it again.

BTW, it does look great after a custom framing.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Monday's episode reminded me that the show handles lighter material better than more dramatic fare.

- Beckett doesn't swallow a sedative and overcomes two proficient hired killers. Check.

- The evidence against Bracken has been in Beckett's possession all along and is discovered with only minutes remaining in the episode. Check.

Really felt like the show's creative talent wanted to wrap up the Bracken story line before the wedding. Very rushed and very perfunctory episode. Kind of disappointing after spending so much time through the years on the storyline to have it handled in this fashion. Very cliched and underwhelming. Just really felt like the script was phoned in.

On the other hand, seeing Montgomery in flashback was enjoyable and Beckett did look pretty bad ass finishing off the two killers.

- Walter.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I agree the episode seemed to come out of nowhere in terms of Beckett suddenly becoming obsessed with her moonlighting efforts to track who tried to kill her mother earlier in the season and then to become framed for killing Simmons. However they did a great job with how fast the story moves along to her being framed and then her and Castle becoming fugitives to her nearly being killed by Bracken's thugs.Yes, her escape and killing the killers was very James Bondian. It was a bit over the top of reality, but it made fun TV. Her figuring out where the tape was was a little fast, it might have been fun to drag that out to another season.But in the end, her arresting Bracken felt too easy and I just don't believe her nightmare is over. Perhaps the wedding or honeymoon will be interrupted by Bracken's powerful network to get his revenge from jail. So I feel like this storyline isn't over yet.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, I got the feeling it really isn't over yet either. Things were brought to a head so quickly that there just has to be a continuation to the saga.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Matt Hough said:
Yes, I got the feeling it really isn't over yet either. Things were brought to a head so quickly that there just has to be a continuation to the saga.
You may be right, but I got the feeling that they wanted to close the loop. My feeling is that they're going to try to create a *new* arc. Not sure in what direction - perhaps something involving Castle's dad?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Okay, that was a fun light hearted finale, until the last few minutes. The question now obviously is who was responsible. I'm betting it was Bracken's thugs.

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
Nelson Au said:
Okay, that was a fun light hearted finale, until the last few minutes. The question now obviously is who was responsible. I'm betting it was Bracken's thugs.
I thought it went a little too long in so far as Eddie McClintock's character's story. Beckett should have considered making him an offer he couldn't refuse.

And the ending was so ... Clearly the only suspense is how long it will take to fix it up. It reminded me of the frog clones at the wedding of Lois and Clark, which marked the beginning of the end of that show.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The minute I saw Castle in the car rushing to the wedding, I knew something was going happen. Plus there wasn't much time till 11:00pm. There definitely wasn't a surprise here, the wedding is going to happen, but things keep getting in the way.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Bracken seems likely, but... Would Bracken have anything to gain (other than payback) by abducting Castle? Considering the evidence against him, I don't think that Castle or Beckett are crucial in terms of convicting Bracken. Maybe it was an attempt on Castle's life and he escaped. (??) Guess we'll find out in the fall. Also, will Castle's dad come to the rescue? I could see that happening.

- Walter.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The way I saw it, Bracken is getting back at Beckett by attempting to kill or abduct Castle. And I'm sure Castle's father will figure in all this. :)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I figured it was Castle's father intercepting him for a mission and staging this horrible looking accident to give them some time to carry it out.

Frankly, I was rather annoyed by the episode. The catastrophes were so over the top and continuous that at one point, I assumed Kate was going to wake up and realize she had had a nightmare about these portentous warnings about her wedding and want to back out. Might have made a better season finale than all of this actually being real.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The end of the episode was a step too far. Most of the problems in the episode were relatively humorous, but they end on a serious note there. And then we get the voice-over that "Castle and Beckett will be back in the fall solving new cases." So, it is not the end the series ... obviously.

The whole end just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I'm betting heavily it ends up with his spy dad reappearing and making him disappear for some yet to be told reason

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Gawd, can you imagine an entire season of Castle on the run due to folks hunting down his father through him?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks