What's new

Castle Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Nice to see Castle's father come back to learn a little more about him and to see him reconnect with Martha and allow a mistrusting Beckett to meet him.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I liked the show, too. I was hoping James Brolin would return after last year's appearance, and they wrote him a very good episode.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I've enjoyed the last two episodes as well.

I'm not sure that Ryan and Espo could survive in the sub-basement (I think the oxygen would have been depleted) but to the show's credit they did reference that factor.

Brolin was good as Castle's father. Pretty cold using Beckett and Castle like that after his cover was blown, but I guess the mission always comes first. Hopefully we'll see him again next year. Looks like the next season may start with the wedding if September is when it is planned. I suppose they could end the season with the wedding, if the show's timeline doesn't have to match the real world.

- Walter.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I am glad to see that Alexis is starting to realize that she has had a bit too much Pi

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I thought last night's episode was a pretty heavy one and veering to James Bond territory. It felt so different. Though very well done and emotional.The guy feel for the old ketchup trick? What was interesting was the further advancement of the mystery of the murder of Beckett's mother. It was a dead give away though he was the guy, with his name in the opening credits. :)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yep, putting Jack Coleman's name in the credits was a dead giveaway. Still, a tension-filled and enjoyable outing.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
It has been awhile since there was a new episode. That 70's Show was a fun return for the series. I wonder if this was inspired by the film American Hustle? Seems likely, but in any event it was a very enjoyable episode.

Kind of difficult to say what my favorite bit was in the show:

Lanie's Foxy Brown costume, hair and matching attitude.

Ryan and Espo's rough analogues of Hutch and Starsky, including a rough copy of Starsky's Torino.

Alexis with her very '70s halter top (and of course Castle's reaction.)

Beckett's various outfits throughout the episode. Even her attire when they went to see Harold before dressing up was vaguely reminiscent of '70s clothing with the slight bell bottom jeans.

Liked this one a lot. (I'm assuming that Harold's attitudes towards Beckett and Lanie were played purely for laughs considering the eventual reveal of his sexual orientation.)

- Walter.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Lanie was a knockout in that get-up. Ryan and Esposito were hilarious: Ryan trying to smoke and Esposito trying to do the slide across the hood and falling. I laughed a lot, and I was surprised by the killer. I hadn't figured it out before the reveal.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, Lanie was ridiculously hot in the Foxxy Brown getup. I thought Ryan & Espisito's bit was a lot of good fun.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Ever since I found out Nathan Fillion gets $99 for his autograph at Wizard World events, I can't get into this show much anymore. I'll ride out this season, but I'm probably done with the show once this season is over.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Does Fillion actually get that fee, or is it part of a VIP package at the conventions? I know that Creation was doing things like that for the various cast members of the Star Trek franchise. Shatner and Nimoy and Patrick Stewart of course were the highest for fees to have an autograph and photo op. But I figure they are the draws to the convention, and Creation is setting the prices and profiting. But I don't really know how that money is paid to who, just my guess. Sorry for going off topic, just thought I'd comment.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Fillion is hardly the only person that gets that fee. The various cons wouldn't exist, unless the fees were there.

And I don't think his cut is the entire $99. (his isn't the highest one either)

Edit:

Here's the printout for Minneapolis...thought Englund would be higher than that...
http://wizardworldops.ticketleap.com/minneapolisautographs/

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Patrick Sun said:
Ever since I found out Nathan Fillion gets $99 for his autograph at Wizard World events, I can't get into this show much anymore. I'll ride out this season, but I'm probably done with the show once this season is over.
I can understand your view, but I guess my thinking is that he still goes to these events; he seems to actually enjoy being out with the fans. He could just decide that he's now an ACTOR and not waste his time with trivial pursuits, but he's out there and being silly and fun. Now, if we hear stories where fans run into him somewhere and ask for an autograph and he responds with, 'Got 99 dollars?!' then I'd be right there with you.

While Englund will always be Freddy to me, it's been awhile, even for the failed reboot, so I'm not surprised at the amount.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
As to the episode, I thought it was cute; some parts were funny and it was fun seeing some of the outfits and actions. But the hook was a real stretch and the reveal disappointing.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hey, I think charging $30 is too much for an autograph. I'm just having to take off my Firefly-colored glasses for good. *sniff* it was a good run for being a browncoat until now. :D

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Patrick Sun said:
Hey, I think charging $30 is too much for an autograph. I'm just having to take off my Firefly-colored glasses for good. *sniff* it was a good run for being a browncoat until now. :D
hahah.. really, though, having worked at one point in my life with a promotional group, I can tell you if he's billing out $99, he's not even seeing a 1/3 of that. A lot of convention events cost a lot of money to put on, pay some out for talent, a lot of cost in setup, and they break out well in the end. But until they do, ti's a mad scramble for cash.
Recently in Kansas City several Star Trek:TNGers came,and there was a pretty steep price for autographs, and to get into the event was $170 per person. Someone said '$170 a person! autographs/etc. should be included'. $170 a person at full attendance wouldn't even cover the cost of the venue and setup.

I'm not saying I like where it's going but..

Nathan Fillion has always been a total class act in person. I've met him twice and outside of Bruce Campbell, who is the absolute best celebrity to meet in person (IMHO), he's a blast and very willing to talk to almost anyone..
So, i don't begrudge the autograph fees. Those events have to make money. If they don't, there won't be anymore events. And big ticket actors have to charge more because that's where the event can recoup the most..,. and autograph fees are raised also to prevent trouble. There is a set amount of time set aside for them to autograph, the rest is normal in a forum of them answering questions or speaking to a crowd. By having pre-paid tickets or a high price rate, people are less likely to bitch that an actor/actress 'couldn't get to them' because of the flocks of people in front of them. It sounds cold.
It also wipes out scumbag autograph sellers who just want an autograph so they can turn it around quickly on Ebay for money..

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
mattCR said:
It also wipes out scumbag autograph sellers who just want an autograph so they can turn it around quickly on Ebay for money..
Sorry; don't mean to offend, but given your statements about how you don't begrudge autograph fees, this ending statement just strikes me as odd. Why are individuals who sell autographs scumbags, but events are simply recouping costs?

If you are taking about individuals who pester celebs when they are trying to eat, go to the bathroom, etc., or just generally being a nuisance then I can agree. But if a person politely asks a celeb for an autograph, and it's freely given, then I don't see an issue if the person then decides (or decides prior) to sell it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks