What's new

Carpeting question (1 Viewer)

Jesse Leonard

Second Unit
I am getting ready to start looking for someone to come install new carpeting in my house. The question I have is: I have never had carpeting installed before. Do I have to have all of the furniture removed from the rooms as they go through the house installing. Or can they move the furniture around within the room as they are laying the carpeting?

Also, does anyone have recommended companies within the Seattle area or general carpeting tips?

Thanks

Stacey R

Grip
I just had carpet installed in my house. I didn't do the entire house but I did move most of the furniture out of the room. The carpet installers helped me move the final pieces. You will definitely have to get all of the furniture moved out of the room. They can't move the furniture around as the carpet is being laid. They will need the area cleared as they begin fitting the carpet to the room. Another reason to clear the furniture is that they will need to stretch the carpet to remove any wrinkles.

Stacey

LewB

Screenwriter
General carpeting tip: Pay extra for the best padding that the carpeting place has to offer. The carpet will last longer and feel 'cushier' under foot.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I, too, am facing the dreaded carpet purchase. So, any hints or tips from people who have been through it, including money saving hints, would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks