What's new

Carpet Ideas.... (1 Viewer)

MikeMon

Stunt Coordinator
Have any of you guys tried this out?
Lagato Carpet

There carpet panels.. I am not sure what to think but it sounds like a good idea because if ever needed you could just pull up one and replace it to fix stains and such.

I also found some movie time carpet with the popcorn and tickets and movie reels etc.. on it but I am not to sure about it (might be a little loud).

THe panels will cost a lot more than regular carpet, Home Depot has it for about 93.00 a box (10 22in.x 23in (35 sq. ft.) per carton. I have a room that is 22 foot X 15 (give or take). this will cost me a crap load...

Please let me know your thoughts the room is in my basement and I have a riser and a stage so the sq footage is a bit broken up.

I can post pics if needed, any thoughts would be great.

Mike

chris_everett

Second Unit
It's a cool idea, but to spend a grand on it? I'd pass...

I found some commercial carpet that's black with little neon swirls and stars and such. Cheaper than "movie theater" carpet, but still provides the same feeling. And it was cheaper than most anything else.

Colton

Supporting Actor
On a bare floor - those don't look like they offer much cushion.

- Colton

MikeMon

Stunt Coordinator
Im told they have the foam backing made to the back of the tiles.

This is the other carpet I found at a local remnant place but they only have 30 yards and he said it might not work. He told me I can get it installed for 500 if it works.

MikeMon

Stunt Coordinator
well his statement was something to the effect that the patterns may not line up?? I am going to take a diagram to him to see what he has to say.

Do you think the carpet looks OK? or is it tacky?

Mike

chris_everett

Second Unit
If the riser is oriented one way, and the floor the other, I think you'd be okay. Just try to avoid having two pieces of carpet next to each other without lining up properly. Without a layout of the room, it's hard to say for sure, but I think that most theaters are broken up enough where it would not be a problem.

The carpets a little busy for me, but you have to decide that for yourself. Bigger factor: What is the decor in the rest of the room?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks