What's new

Suggestions needed Portable Theater Seats (1 Viewer)

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
I finally have my own projection home theater. Yea. The problem is that the room is also the guest room - used about 4-6 weeks total a year. Our current solution was to use a high quality futon and a foam topper. This gave us seating when it was a theater that could be converted to a bed for the guest room. The problem - although our guests have told us the futon with topper was comfortable to sleep on we have found it is not to sit on. Our current thought is to use a high quality blow up air mattress (high rise) for sleeping and put in some chairs that could be moved out of the way when the bed was in place. A lot of the home theater chairs are not very easy to move so we have at been looking at chairs something like these:

jacque-ii-manual-swivel-recliner-with-ottoman.jpg
Another option we are considering is real theater seats mounted on plywood. These might be nice if they have flip up seats (less storage space) The floor is carpet. Looking for thoughts - suggestions - ideas. We've already invested quite a bit on the futon and that will be a loss - we don't want to repeat that (gotta save the money for a sound system upgrade :P)

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
We have two of those in our loft. They differ in size-my wife and I got the size that felt most comfortable. We like them, our cats really like them. You should try them out in the store before purchasing them. I've seen models that partially recline.

For additional seating another consideration would be bean bag seats. The ones I have unzip and can be used as a bed with queen size sheets. Another idea for additional seats would be folding directors chairs like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...194e-51cf-9fcb-eb4411bc1b1e&pf_rd_i=681148011

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
We have two of those in our loft. They differ in size-my wife and I got the size that felt most comfortable. We like them, our cats really like them. You should try them out in the store before purchasing them. I've seen models that partially recline.

For additional seating another consideration would be bean bag seats. The ones I have unzip and can be used as a bed with queen size sheets. Another idea for additional seats would be folding directors chairs like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...194e-51cf-9fcb-eb4411bc1b1e&pf_rd_i=681148011
Thanks for the ideas. We'll have to take a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks