What's new

Car Stereo Help - Advice needed (1 Viewer)

Jason Fulton

Agent
To tell you the truth, shy away from most of the brands mentioned above if you are truly trying to save money. As far as a HU goes, an upgrade is not mandatory, you can use a line output convertor (LOC) to connect to your amp. Although if your stock HU does not have any special features in it that you enjoy I say ditch it. Get a decent Pioneer Premier or Alpine. Next step is speakers, Get a solid set of components up front. If you do not mind flush mounting tweeters (cutting a hole in doorpanel and mounting them there, it isn't difficult) my recommendation would be some Resonant Engineering RE comps, www dot reaudio dot com you need to call them to order, they are extremely impressive components for 150 bucks. Next is an amplifier for the speakers, because well HU power sucks. If you really want to continue saving money, a Profile amp will get the job done, www dot thezeb dot com has them pretty cheap, get around 100 watts x2 at 4ohm. Should be under 100 bones. Then you will most likely want some sort of a rear speakers in a car that big, so get a pair of coaxials (normal speakers) and pop them in there and run them off the HU, make sure you fade most of the sound foward, trust me you'll like it better. If you still have the money, sub options are limitless, and essentially come down to how much trunk space you want to sacrafice. So if you give a budget, and some dimensions as far as trunk space you are willing to donate to some lower frequencies i'll get back to you on a sub as well as design you up an enclosure.

MikeGee

Second Unit
Changing the deck is always the best way to improve the sound. I noticed a big diff when switching the decks. I got a pioneer deck with Pioneer Rev series 6 1/2" in the front and 6x9's in the back plus my 12" cerwin vega and it booms and sounds awesome. Not expensive setup either.

Jack Daniel

Auditioning
what i think you should do is go with elemental designs for your subs and speakers. get the new EDI's for the doors and i would suggest a Kvd. 12 for the sub. power the speakers with the NINE.2 and the sub with anouther NINE.2. then edead the entire intierior.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks