What's new
World Wide Stereo

Can you recommend a center speaker? (1 Viewer)

Olafur Jens

Auditioning
Bose 301 as fronts
YamahaRX-V430RDS reciever

I need a center that'll match nicely with my Bose speakers. Does anyone have anyone have any experience in matching these fronts with centers? Any advice?

I was considering JBL centers, and perhaps a Dali, but I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks!

ps.
Please don't tell me to get now fronts, "no highs, no lows, must be Bose" stuff, I get enough of that elsewhere.

728x90

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
I it will be very difficult to match up your current setup with a center from another brand. But not everyone has a timbre matchup here, it is a plus, but it isnt necesary to enjoy your system.

I do have JBL Studio Series, and for me the S center is a great speaker, and it sells around $122. Maybe you could find a dealer that can give to you for testing, and if you dont like the sound of it you can return it.

Another good center is Axiom VP150, but I dont know how your setup will en up.

Good luck,

Dennis Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
Olafur,

You might try here:Crutchfield They claim that their center speakers will match most of the Bose speakers. I had 301s for a number of years and really enjoyed them as bookshelf speakers due to their reflective sound, but haven't heard much about how to use them in multichannel HT.

Good Luck,

Dennis

Kal

Agent
The best center to match your older (no longer manufactured I think) Bose 301's would be another 301. Look on ebay or audiogon for a set of used ones.

Kal

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
301s are still in production, and have actually been updated recently. To match correctly, you will want a 301 from the same series as the ones you currently have. I have heard a number of people say the Bose center channel (VC10?) is a POS, so I would have to say the recommendation of another 301 or even a 201 would be best (use the other one for a rear center in a 6.1 setup...)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks