C&C Renegade

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Kleist, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Who else is playing this? Is it just me, or is this game just a facelift away from being GI Joe? [​IMG]
    In any case, I was hoping we could start a thread to help each other along with the game, I've encountered several infuriating bugs in critical segments where things became non-existant, and I had to restart the level (ex: The Captain didn't drop the sub key when I shot him the first time)

2. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

I wasn't going to get this game but I did when CompUSA ran it on sale for $29.99 with Tiberium Sun thrown in for free.

I've only messed about a little with the single player game (I'm on the second mission). While it certainly doesn't represent the pinnacle of technical achievement, it does have a certain charm to it. Of course, I'm not very far into the game so that may wear off shortly...

3. Larry Seno Jr.

Larry Seno Jr. Supporting Actor

I played a game of this multiplayer with my buddy. With 16 people on Each team it WOULD be GI-Joe. It's OK. I think I am just SPOILED by Medal of Honor. The game just has irritating physics to me. I dont LIKE having to shoot people 30 times to kill them.

4. Todd Terwilliger

It is imperative to aim high. I agree that people take way too many shots to kill. Of course, unlike Medal of Honor (which I love), Renegade is going for an obviously more arcade feel.

5. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

Just spent a weekend at an 8-person LAN party where we played this almost non-stop for 2 days.
    F*ckin' Awesome, man. [​IMG]
    Although I do wish you could use the air units in multiplayer...

6. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

$29.99? Gahh!

7. Larry Seno Jr.

Larry Seno Jr. Supporting Actor

They need to flush out TWO player Multiplayer, like the ability to buy soldiers to fight with you.

8. Todd Terwilliger

On the topic of air vehicles, I've read that Westwood is looking at a patch to add them to the game. There was a video and some screenshots showing a player entering and flying a chopper I found somewhere (don't remember where). I believe they are beta-testing the concept currently.