What's new

Bye bye Paige Davis (Trading Spaces) (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Seems they decided TS doesn't need a host anymore.

I guess I can see their point...the "host" does very little except introduce the neighbors and show the end results.

Trading Spaces

Gene S

Agent
Half the fun of the show was watching to see what she would mess up! She was always breaking and bumping into things.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
She served a purpose as a voice for the homeowners. Warning the wackier of the designers that what they were proposing might be unpalateable. Making sure the rules on spending, etc., were followed. Holding the owner's hands on the reveal. Giving the designers the chance to get out of dodge before the owners saw the destruction wrought upon them.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

But whose ass will I stare at? :D

I'll say it now... if this means more of listening to Hildi using phrases like "open to change" then I'm never watching the show again.

Brad

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I think the show definitely needs a host to help bridge back and forth between the homes.

This looks like nothing more then a cost cutting move to squeeze every last penny they can get out of the show.It will be missed.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Oh man, if the execs at TLC thought the ratings were bad before, I can only imagine what will happen now. People over at the TS forums on TLC must be committing suicide by the dozen! What the show needed was a return to the S2/S3 format, not a complete re-format.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
:laugh: Sounds good to me.

Paige is leaving huh? Bummer. Ah well, stopped watching TS a while ago anyway. The show got old, frankly.

I'd heard that Paige was asked to leave, actually... due to those photos of her flashing her thong sometime last year? Didn't jib with TLC's "wholesome" image or something?

Or is that just a dirty rumour?

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Yes, if you missed her @ss, it was pretty much all there to see in all it's glory. Google it and you should be able to find the pics or if you do a search, there was a thread on it here.

No reason to even apply for the show if you can't hug Paige at the reveal.;)

Alex was nice to look at also but she was terrible as the host. Too wooden like her cameo appearances on Joe Millionare as the "host". (I think that's where I saw her last?)

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

If that's the reason, they're being hypocritical as all get out. Just how many "Paige bends over in front of the camera with a low cut top" shots** do they include every week, along with the much appreciated ass shots. Hell, there even was the infamous "Genevieve thong flash" a few years back that had people reaching for the Tivo remote. Gen can flash her thong on national TV but Paige can't do it in public?

**Sniff, sniff, the only reason to watch is gone. :frowning:

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
Not sure if it became the norm, but the last TS I saw a few weeks back had her in very loose, modest clothing.

RichardK

Second Unit

How did I miss this?? Anyone have pics/links to this one...I checked out the Paige thread when it came to light...didnt know there was a Gen version...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks