What's new

Press Release BVHE Press Release: The Abyss, True Lies, Aliens, Titanic, Avatar and Avatar: The Way of the Water (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (2 Viewers)

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
My order of all three is delayed from Amazon (CA) with no date yet.

I picked up The Abyss and True Lies this morning at Walmart for $10 less than the Amazon lowest price, so I cancelled those two.

Nobody in town had Aliens (weirdly), so that's still waiting on Amazon.
Follow-up... I happened to be out by our Walmart today, so popped in, and they had Aliens... for the same price that the Abyss and True Lies were.

Bought that, cancelled the Amazon order for that (which had updated to being ready for delivery March 29).

There were maybe 5 copies of Aliens left. None of Abyss or True Lies. One of the sales people there commented that they received 25 of each, put Abyss and True Lies out Monday evening and they were all sold out by end of day Tuesday, and Aliens had gone out last night because it only arrived yesterday.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Follow-up... I happened to be out by our Walmart today, so popped in, and they had Aliens... for the same price that the Abyss and True Lies were.

Bought that, cancelled the Amazon order for that (which had updated to being ready for delivery March 29).

There were maybe 5 copies of Aliens left. None of Abyss or True Lies. One of the sales people there commented that they received 25 of each, put Abyss and True Lies out Monday evening and they were all sold out by end of day Tuesday, and Aliens had gone out last night because it only arrived yesterday.

I just popped over to my local Wally. Nada on those titles. I did manage to find the Blu-ray of Poor Things, though oddly enough it wasn't in the main New Releases endcap but in another New Releases section that is mostly random things on DVD that no one has ever heard of (well, I suppose people might've heard about I.S.S. 🤨 ). Given PT's Oscar status, I would've thought it'd be in the endcap display.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I was perusing Amazon's 4K discs, and noticed that they are back to taking orders for Aliens ($27.99) with an estimated delivery date between 4/1 and 4/9.

True Lies and The Abyss are still not available to order directly.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
If only Best Buy were around.
Best Buy this week:
IMG_0279.gif

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
My copy of The Abyss arrived today, meaning all three are here now. Been a long time coming.

Jobla

Supporting Actor
Here's a tip for US customers: a couple of local Barnes and Noble stores are listing THE ABYSS as being in stock as of this morning. I won't be taking advantage of this, because those stores would require a round-trip drive of three hours, which I'm too old for at this point. I mention this because some readers here might have a nearby B&N store that now has ABYSS--at least until it sells out. Happy hunting!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Here's a tip for US customers: a couple of local Barnes and Noble stores are listing THE ABYSS as being in stock as of this morning. I won't be taking advantage of this, because those stores would require a round-trip drive of three hours, which I'm too old for at this point. I mention this because some readers here might have a nearby B&N store that now has ABYSS--at least until it sells out. Happy hunting!
The Abyss and True Lies are also listed as in-stock and available for shipping at B&N. Both are priced at $27.99. Aliens is MIA.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I just got an April 17th to May 17th as a delivery estimate for True Lies!!!

First week of April delivery for Aliens, and no still no delivery date for the Abyss!!!
Be patient, as I am sure those dates will change to a sooner date as more stock gets replenished.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I got a shipping update from Amazon:

True Lies- March 25-27
Aliens- March 28-April 2
The Abyss- no update yet.

I’m sure the dates will be updated.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Have you tried calling Disney Hone Entertainment Customer Service for Canada?
Yup.

A few times.

"We have a deal with the Cineplex store and that is the only option at this time for redemption."

Basically, every time I call or email, exactly the same response.

Heck, I can't even redeem the two Avatar codes or the Abyss, as they're all broken. Avatar ones have been broken since December, and the cases keep getting closed.

And yes, this should likely be in the Streaming Frustrations thread ;)

Have you tried Google Play?
This is Canada. They severely limit our options here now. 75%+ of physical releases no longer come with a digital copy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks