What's new

Buffy (X-box) for $29.99 (1 Viewer)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Amazon.com and Link Removed has Buffy the Vampire Slayer for $29.99. If you don't already have this game, I would easily pick it up for this price. IMHO, it was worth the $49.99 price tag that it formerly had.
-Dean-

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
Maybe they overstocked expecting it to be a huge mega-hit. I held off on buying this when I heard it wasn't 16:9, but at that price I'll go ahead and pick up a copy.

Dan B

Screenwriter
I ordered this yesterday when I saw that price. Their shipping is pricey at EB Games, I noticed. $5 for ground shipping.

I'm looking forward to the game.

-Dan B.

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
Definite pick up. I played for the first time at darius's house the other night and thought it was awesome. Going to get it now.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
And by the end of September, it's allegedly sold a total of 42k according to the figures doing the rounds.

Of course, those aren't 100% of the market.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
I know jack squat about videogame sales figures, but 42k seems a little low, no? Anyone know on average how many units a game has to move in order to break even?

Maybe the game would have sold more if they...I don't know...advertised it????

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I know jack squat about videogame sales figures, but 42k seems a little low, no?
Its not exactly tearing up the charts if thats your question.

I agree with what was stated above though, the game would have moved a bit more units if it had been advertised during or around the time of the show.(which would have only made sense)

Dan B

Screenwriter
From a post at another forum:
trust me, I work at EB, the only time we ever reduce prices, even temporarily is if we have too many in stock and they aren't moving out. We got like 16 or so Buffy's when it first came out. We only have 14 of those original copies left. 15 two days ago.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Wow, it's not often that a license works against a game. But I can understand people being turned off of the game if they aren't fans of the show--the remark that the game would probably have done better if it was called Slayer is dead on, IMO.

I wonder if the upcoming Dark Angel will suffer the same fate?

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
The game is advertised almost every day during the FX broadcast. $29.99 bucks is a steal. It's the 2nd best Xbox game, IMO.

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks