What's new

Bryston B-60 (1 Viewer)

Ken Makela

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I've been thinking about getting a 2 channel system for the living room. I already have an OK CD player, Rotel RCD-951,(will do for awhile) that can be moved from the family room. I've started reseaching 2 channel integrated amps and the Bryston B-60 looks like the piece for me. I would probably match it up to a pair of B&W CDM 1NT. Does anyone have experience with this piece and what have fellow Canadians paid for it?

Thanks,

Ken Makela

Rob Rodier

Supporting Actor
The only piece of advice I would lend would be to go with a pair of the N805 instead on the nt. They are significantly better imo, and not too much more.

Good luck

-rob

Craig Morris

Stunt Coordinator
Ken,

I have auditioned the B-60 extensively and a friend of mine has owned one for about 5 years. It is an incredible piece and looks great in the new silver finish! :)
I also e-mailed James Tanner at Bryston and he confirmed that all new B-60's have the new SST circuitry.
Don't let the 'low' power rating fool you... this amp has tons of current for most real-world rooms and speakers. Unless you have huge speakers in a huge room, the B-60 will be more than satisfactory.
I would definitely pay for the B-60r. Not only could I not live without a remote control, the 'r' uses a higher quality volume control.
My dealer/friend told me that his flexibility on Bryston is more limited than on other products... I would suggest that anything between 15-20% off would be a great deal on Bryston.

Good luck!

Ken Makela

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Craig,

I know the 60wpc would be more than adequate for a speaker like a CDM 1 or N805. It's for a living room, not a concert hall.;)Do you happen to know the MSRP? There's only one Bryston dealer here in Sudbury, although Toronto is only 4 hours away.

Ken

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
Saw on Audiogon a B-60R for $995OBO. It'a year old with 19 years left on the warranty. Might be worth taking a look at.

Craig Morris

Stunt Coordinator
It's been a while since I looked at pricing...
$2200 for the B60
$2500 for the B60r?

That's off the top of my head...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks