What's new

Bryan Ferry "Frantic" on SACD (1 Viewer)

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Picked up Bryan Ferry's last album Frantic on SACD from Amazon Germany.
What a revelation to hear this album in Multi-Channel. The Multi mix's of "Hiroshima.." and "I Thought" sound excellent in surround sound. The entire album comes alive unlike the sort of flat sounding cd version.
Now it come to my attention that the DVDA version also sounds different than the SACD version.
So here we have an album that essentially sounds differnet in 3 formats. Might this be a good test case for the advantages of the competing formats?
Does anyone have both the SACD and the DVDA? I know there hard to get since you have to order them from Germany for some reason.
This SACD goes to the top of my list as my favorite SACD. I feel this is a strong comeback for Bryan Ferry.
Highly Recommend :emoji_thumbsup:

John Geelan

Screenwriter
I just ordered the DVD-Audio version from Amazon Germany since I had a $30 dollar credit there.

I'll report back on how the DVDA sounds compared to the SACD.

Should be interesting.

I'm also waiting for the SACD of The Best Of Roxy Music to come out in Europe. Amazon.uk has a pre-order for it but it may not be released til early 2003.
Just by the tracklisting, it looks to be a winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks