What's new

Hold on Rachael...Bryan Ferry to SACD (1 Viewer)

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Yes, Super Audio fans, more big titles on the way. Many of us do feel like Rachael that we need a lot more and better titles. That's right Sony, mo' better music
Announced from Red Trumpet...
BRIAN FERRY: FRANTIC
Ferry returns with a renewed vigor following his brush with death and a renewed friendship with old bandmate Brian Eno, who co-wrote and guests on "I Thought." Other tracks includes four collaborations with Eurythmic Dave Stewart; Radiohead guitarist Jonny Greenwood plays on "Hiroshima." Also on board are Roxy Music drummer Paul Thompson and guitar legend Chris Spedding. Once again, all are produced by longtime production partner Rhett Davies. A masterful, timeless piece of art!
Tracks:
1. It's All Over Now Baby Blue
2. Cruel
3. Goin Down
4. Goddess Of Love
5. Don't Think Twice (It's Alright)
6. Nobody Loves Me
7. Ja Hun Hons Pris
8. Fool For Love
9. Goodnight Irene
10. Hiroshima
11. San Simeon
12. One Way Love
13. I Thought
Can be pre-ordered now for $29.99. Release date not mentioned but believed to be in June
Also, will release a DVDA also on same day for those of you with poor hearing ;)
Sorry, couldn't resist :)
Lee

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Lee, I haven't listened to Bryan much since back in the days he played with Eno way, way back in the Roxy Music dayz. I'm liking other veins of music more these dayz, but maybe I'll give it a listen? Thanks for the alert!:)

Brian-W

Screenwriter
I'm still waiting for the Roxy Music greatest hits that were announced for SACD 6 months ago

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Brian,

I'm waiting on that one soon. I heard June is the month. That is looking to be a big release month for the Universal music group folks.

Lee

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
It's funny that this came up. I bought the HDCD Avalon. It's funny how quickly they morphed into a... "softer" sound. I still think "Virginia Plain" Rocks. I still think that first album rocks.
Saw that most of their titles have been re-mastered. Country Life now has its more provacative cover.
EDIT - BTW, my purchasing Avalon wasn't really an endorsement. The original CD release was the first CD I bought. I figured I might give it another go, now that it's been remastered. It does sound better; the difference really is unmistakable.
The album itself isn't too bad. But it is nothing like Roxy Music (the debut album), which is highly recommended.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
What Lee failed to mention a very important fact.
This title is simultaneous release of CD/SACD/Vinyl and DVD-Audio
I think this is the first title to have simultaneous release on this many formats.
Depending on the recording heritage, this has the potential to be a great comparison disc.
Regards,

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Also, will release a DVDA also on same day for those of you with poor hearing
Actually John I did mention that it was simultaneous with DVD audio which I also though was remarkable. I just didn't mention CD (who cares?) and LP (likely to not be a good audiophile pressing).
I just hope the music is good :)
Lee

Brian-W

Screenwriter
Depending on the recording heritage, this has the potential to be a great comparison disc.
In reality, when one version sounds better than the other, the discussion will turn from PCM vs. DSD to the usual "the same masters weren't used, and therefore blah blah blah blah blah."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks