Hold on Rachael...Bryan Ferry to SACD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee Scoggins, Apr 8, 2002.

1. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    Yes, Super Audio fans, more big titles on the way. Many of us do feel like Rachael that we need a lot more and better titles. That's right Sony, mo' better music
    Announced from Red Trumpet...
    BRIAN FERRY: FRANTIC
    Ferry returns with a renewed vigor following his brush with death and a renewed friendship with old bandmate Brian Eno, who co-wrote and guests on "I Thought." Other tracks includes four collaborations with Eurythmic Dave Stewart; Radiohead guitarist Jonny Greenwood plays on "Hiroshima." Also on board are Roxy Music drummer Paul Thompson and guitar legend Chris Spedding. Once again, all are produced by longtime production partner Rhett Davies. A masterful, timeless piece of art!
    Tracks:
    1. It's All Over Now Baby Blue
    2. Cruel
    3. Goin Down
    4. Goddess Of Love
    5. Don't Think Twice (It's Alright)
    6. Nobody Loves Me
    7. Ja Hun Hons Pris
    8. Fool For Love
    9. Goodnight Irene
    10. Hiroshima
    11. San Simeon
    12. One Way Love
    13. I Thought
    Can be pre-ordered now for $29.99. Release date not mentioned but believed to be in June
    Also, will release a DVDA also on same day for those of you with poor hearing [​IMG]
    Sorry, couldn't resist [​IMG]
    Lee

2. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Lee, I haven't listened to Bryan much since back in the days he played with Eno way, way back in the Roxy Music dayz. I'm liking other veins of music more these dayz, but maybe I'll give it a listen? Thanks for the alert![​IMG]

3. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    Rachael,

I guess I was thinking this was more of a good sign that software availability was improving (albeit slowly)...

Lee

4. Brian-W

Brian-W Screenwriter

I'm still waiting for the Roxy Music greatest hits that were announced for SACD 6 months ago

5. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee
    Brian,

I'm waiting on that one soon. I heard June is the month. That is looking to be a big release month for the Universal music group folks.

Lee

6. Samuel Des

Samuel Des Supporting Actor

It's funny that this came up. I bought the HDCD Avalon. It's funny how quickly they morphed into a... "softer" sound. I still think "Virginia Plain" Rocks. I still think that first album rocks.
    Saw that most of their titles have been re-mastered. Country Life now has its more provacative cover.
    EDIT - BTW, my purchasing Avalon wasn't really an endorsement. The original CD release was the first CD I bought. I figured I might give it another go, now that it's been remastered. It does sound better; the difference really is unmistakable.
    The album itself isn't too bad. But it is nothing like Roxy Music (the debut album), which is highly recommended.

7. John Kotches

John Kotches Cinematographer

What Lee failed to mention a very important fact.
    This title is simultaneous release of CD/SACD/Vinyl and DVD-Audio
    I think this is the first title to have simultaneous release on this many formats.
    Depending on the recording heritage, this has the potential to be a great comparison disc.
    Regards,

8. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee

9. Brian-W

Brian-W Screenwriter