What's new

Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia Arrow Blu Ray. (1 Viewer)

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
So does the whole of the internet............here, not so much, which is a little strange apart from "one" adding nothing to the discussion apart from to say "31"?

Edit:
Up to 61views and only one sensible comment?

Edit
Ah right i get it TT have released it also?

Last edited:

SAhmed

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Shakeel
I already have the TT release but given that it is from a 4K restoration and that gorgeous cover, count me in. Btw I do love Peckinpah's work as well

Regards,

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
What a great release to look forward to. A new 4K scan from the original negatives plus a shedload of extras. The hits just keep on coming :)

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
A 4am posting on a primarily US based site isn't going to generate immediate responses.

Looks like a great release for those who want it loaded with extras and a new transfer.

Last edited:

John Doe

Second Unit
Real Name
aki jebivetar
Wow. They're surely putting TT release to shame! I wonder if Redman is going to buy an Arrow's release since he's a Peckinpah fanboy.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Wow. They're surely putting TT release to shame! I wonder if Redman is going to buy an Arrow's release since he's a Peckinpah fanboy.

I think he would. TT sold out their 3000 copies, so they'd have no interest anymore, & I see one of the extras is the audio commentary by Sam Peckinpah scholars Paul Seydor, Garner Simmons and David Weddle, moderated by Nick Redman that was on the TT disc. I'm sure if a new transfer was available at the time, TT would have used it.

Edit. I've just read Bruce's post. Sorry, I didn't know that TT had re-released it, I see it's also had a German release as well. If only all Peckinpah films were that well served.

Last edited:

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
If there is a new 4K transfer Arrow is paying for it. So, no, it does not put Twilight Time to shame, although, to my eyes, that is the purpose of this thread. The Twilight Time release (actually two releases - it was just put out again) has tons of extras, BTW - isolated track, the commentary mentioned by Billy Batson, which was the OLD commentary done for the MGM/UA DVD release (which is owned by MGM/UA, hence its appearance on the Arrow release), two NEW commentaries that obviously are NOT on the Arrow release, and several other nice things. How much better this gritty film can look will be interesting to see. But someone can explain to me the purpose of the post of "John Doe" in which he says Arrow is putting Twilight Time to shame and calling Nick Redman a "fanboy."

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
But someone can explain to me the purpose of the post of "John Doe" in which he says Arrow is putting Twilight Time to shame and calling Nick Redman a "fanboy."
I can't speak for anyone but I think fanboy has become a generally accepted way of saying that someone is a big fan of something rather than an insult.

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
If there is a new 4K transfer Arrow is paying for it. So, no, it does not put Twilight Time to shame, although, to my eyes, that is the purpose of this thread. The Twilight Time release (actually two releases - it was just put out again) has tons of extras, BTW - isolated track, the commentary mentioned by Billy Batson, which was the OLD commentary done for the MGM/UA DVD release (which is owned by MGM/UA, hence its appearance on the Arrow release), two NEW commentaries that obviously are NOT on the Arrow release, and several other nice things. How much better this gritty film can look will be interesting to see. But someone can explain to me the purpose of the post of "John Doe" in which he says Arrow is putting Twilight Time to shame and calling Nick Redman a "fanboy."

To be honest it was a thread about Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia on Blu Ray from Arrow and nothing else although i understand your post about the TT release as you have vested interest.
Arrow as far as i can see have funded a 4K restoration that looks like will be the best version for PQ thus far and i have no reason to doubt that, do you?

Sgt Pepper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Barry
I never saw this as an anti Twilight Time thread, but maybe it should be in the international section, as it's bound to be region B locked.

I think that might be an idea although i am becoming increasingly uneasy with the use of international sections purely for the reason that region free players are more affordable these days and many people will only look to their particular region when other releases are available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks