What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Both Toho KONG movies, in 16x9, coming from Universal 11/29! (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Damn I thought by "double-feature", Universal was going to give us a single disc/packaging with two films like MGM's Midnight Movies series... Oh well, so much for my brilliant idea now!

:)

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
So, let's see, five Bela Lugosi pictures get one disc, eight Hammers two (I think), and the two Japanese Kong pics, which could easily fit on one "double feature" disc, get...their own separate DVDs? Not that I don't enjoy them (though the original cut of ...GODZILLA is a vast improvement over the stodgier US one, not that I didn't watch it 100 times when I was a kid), but where was the love for Bela and Hammer? Or was Toho able to stipulate separate releases (bundled together though they are)?

JulianK

Supporting Actor

It's a version that UK customers will get if they buy Universal's four-disc box set. It's horrible! There are a couple more grabs from it here and here.

We're getting the colorized version in lieu of the bonus materials that are in the Region 1 edition (and, it seems, a proper restoration of the film!)

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member

Sorry to hear that. It does make up a little bit for all the lovely SE's you fine folks seem to always be getting instead of U.S. (sic). Why one region has to suffer, is anyone guess. I guess they must want us all to have region free players ;-)

Glad it's a goofball colour (R2 spelling) version. I only asked cause I'm such a freak about KONG. Thanks for your reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denapix
Recent bookmarks